Where are all the Deep States?

New Sat Mkt

11 Likes

So apparently the Deep State takes caps! 55grams and still smooth.

20 Likes

Don’t have one yet and maybe this is a dumb question but do any of you Deep Staters play it with a centering bearing?

3 Likes

I play the Deep State with a greased flat bearing, but I play the Deeper State with a greased concave bearing.

1 Like

Mine is set up with the stock stuff, with added thick lube. I want to get a few more and set them all up differently, though.

2 Likes

This thread getting resurrected reminded me I haven’t played my deep state nearly enough lately.

6 Likes

I tried my Gamer with a full size C bearing with thick lube and responsiveness was not that great. I have a Deep State coming this week.

3 Likes

I’d highly recommend keeping the slim bearing in, and adding a single thin shim. Otherwise, enjoy the super snappy 0A performance with a dry bearing at the expense of being able to do 1A.

I rock mine with a dry slim bearing, and one thin difeyo shim.

Dif-E-Yo Shims – YoYoExpert

1 Like

Now what tube or brand of grease do you use? Will yoyo thick lube have the same effect or does grease take it to another level?

2 Likes

Why does it come with a full size C bearing? To be semi-responsive, I assume. When it arrives I will play with string thicknesses and lube. I’ve never used anything but lube I got from YYE. I have bottles of thick lube. I don’t want to make it super responsive but I want it to respond when I want it to.

4 Likes

Vaseline works well too.

2 Likes

13 Likes

The decision to use a recessed C bearing for the deep state seems to be a strategic choice on the part of One Drop. To the best of my knowledge, they only use flat full C bearings in all of their yoyos.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree with above poster that they want to stay consistent with their 10 ball flat C, but an A bearing Deepstate would be dope

4 Likes

Who has a mib green they wanna do half swaps with? Just sayin

3 Likes

I have a blue Deep State and I just ordered a black and a silver to do half swaps with. I might sell the black/silver half swap, or I might keep all three. I’m such an addict.

Orion deep state

19 Likes

Not an impulse purchase at all. Somehow OD got the specs just perfect so I can do a lot of semi-advanced elements and get it back with a tug. The design requires precision but not so much that it turns me off. It’s a responsive yoyo that I can pull off elements with that I can not with any of my other responsives. If any of that makes any sense…

15 Likes

I needed a backup, right?

18 Likes

I have four Saturday Markets and yours is prettier than all mine put together. Just WOW!!

1 Like