When were you happy?

Title sounds depressing, I know haha. I mean truly happy. Like so happy you just thought, I’m so glad to be alive right now, and I’m so thankful. Whether it was from that girl/guy you asked out, yoyos in the mail, or just life in general. I want to read your stories.
Just today I sat and thought, wow. I have a good life right now. No school, i’m still young, and I’m stress free. (Summer break) The only thing I may miss are my friends.

Fun fact: If you’re doing something that makes you happy, you will be happy doing it.

I can’t remember a time since I was truly unhappy, except for the day I got my draft notice and had to report for duty. Other than that, life’s been good to me. Had some ups and downs here and there, but on the whole it evens out.

Like jhb, I’m happy pretty much every day, and thankfully I don’t take it for granted.

Anxiety, Depression, OCD, Agoraphobia, LOL even socially awkward, it just feels like this huge weight on your back that you can’t get off, except once I take my 4 medications, I can feel “happy”

I am thankful for my friends, they keep me from going off the deep end, and sometime, they purposely try to push you, :wink: But that’s friends

I’m almost always moderately happy, but the last time I was truly happy… I think it would have to be mid-October; the look of the trees the cold crisp air passed freely through my Carhartt jacket. I had just got done doing yard work and listening to Little Busters by The Pillows and I got a text from my gf1 and we talked about life and stuff. Thatday I actually said “I’m really happy”

(we decided to just stay friends since it worked better that way)

I am happy pretty much every day. I’m often time stressed and happy, but happy nonetheless.

I think it’s important to separate stress and happiness. One does not necessarily preclude the other.

1 Like

Usually bored and unhappy.
Truly happy when by gf’s around :slight_smile:

Uh-oh. Beware the demons of codependency! Your relationships will also always be stronger when the other person doesn’t feel crushed by the weight of being the source of your happiness.

Not trying to preach or anything, but I’ve been there and done that. Gotta make enjoying your own company a goal!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

1 Like

Yes!!! A fellow desk-flipper!!! ;D

lol

I would consider myself “happy.” I don’t walk around grinning and skipping, because that’s just not me, but I am by all means happy with my life, my health, great friends, a roof over my head, and plenty of great food. I even get to play with yo-yos. I guess I’m happy because I don’t set the bar too high for it. If I could have any one thing, it would be a bit more time to myself. But, I think that time will come soon, so I’m not complaining at all.

@zort commander. We met, and you’re not awkward. Trust me, I’ve seen awkward, and you’re not it. :wink: And, your mom is so cool.

Happiness is when you don’t have the ‘desire’ to be happy. When you are not conscious of the ‘desire’ to be happy, it can arise, the moment you are conscious of it, it disappears. Many claim it is under a persons control, but it is not. Happiness is of it’s own power/accord and will always be that way. Don’t attach to any energy that comes your way, if you are happy, be happy, if you are sad, be sad, but don’t attach or cling or either. That is where we make problems. :smiley:

1 Like

:smiley: thanks! But occasionally I’m shy. Very much so, in fact.

last wednesday when i got my first ball bearing yoyo!!! WAHOOOO!!! ;D yaaaaayyyyyyyy ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :wink: :smiley: ;D :smiley: :wink: :slight_smile: :wink: ;D :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :wink: :wink:

thumbs up!

Very well said!!

I was in fact VERY happy this past weekend at the NH State contest… I was with all my friends… Met some new friends… Had some great laughs too… I laughed like I was a 12 year old kid with not a care in the world… (I am 38)

I was very happy at BAC 2014 even though I placed 60th out of 67 in the 1A (oh well.) Nowadays I am often bored. I had a crush on someone and all of a sudden that person was reluctant to talk to me or even be near me. It takes a lot for me to be happy.