What's your rarest yoyo?

I have a preproduction tester OD code1 with my username etched into it. Unique for the laser engraving, but 10 people including me got to test it and I haven’t seen one since. I also have an 07 higby 888, the first production essence with no engraving, a pink Jason Lee supernova, sunrise fade 54, first run pink/purple acid wooly marmot, northern spin aurora, general yo entheos painted by Brett Grimes, 3yo3/generalyo collabricion, and a mutant DNA. Also got an NvX and a Punchline, all of which I don’t see anymore/haven’t seen for a long time.

1 Like

I have a 1 in 1 wooden yoyo I just made. :wink:

4 Likes

How do you guys define rare? Limited in quantity, sought after, or difficult to find? I think of it as a mix of the three.

I would consider a TiWalker in which 90 were made significantly rarer than some random prototype a company ran 5 of.

1 Like

That’s fair. I can make piece of junk one-off that no one wants. While technically rare since there’s only one, it has 0 desirability. I guess ‘rare’ can be subjective, but in the context of this thread it boils down to those three qualities you listed.

1 Like

Precisely, so it is a very normal Sasquatch

1 Like

An Avalanche isn’t just a Sasquatch with a groove cut in it, they have different specs. Sas is slightly bigger and heavier.

2 Likes

Are you really sure? enjoy the reading.
http://www.highspeedyoyo.com/reviews/a-m/caribou-lodge-yoyo-works/clyw-sasquatch
http://www.highspeedyoyo.com/reviews/a-m/caribou-lodge-yoyo-works/clyw-avalanche

…simply the same and I repeat, what you have is a very simple Sasquatch…

1 Like

I invite you to do some reading as well.

4 Likes

Wow, what to say, it seems that you are right (apart from the fact that they are 4 and not 2 but that says little)
in essence, however, nothing changes, you can also call Avalanche (including the Producer) but since the only difference between these two models is the groove (e forse, dico forse, qualche quasi impercettibile differenza al bordo più esterno dello shape), in fact Avalanche or Sasquatch, the yoyo is always the same, the rest is just poetry and hype .
anyway congratulations, collectively you have a interesting piece.

p.s. if, to complete the information and by virtue of the ease of misunderstandings that these two almost identical models can generate, you had linked the page of the bolg in your first post we would have avoided half the page of unnecessary messages ;D

1 Like

I saw prototype of this yoyo and play with it on EYYM 13 in istanbul and advised me to change the center of gravity a bit😄

1 Like

I captured my proudest 3 awhile ago and I think it’s still accurate.

My 1/1 custom swirl G2 Warthog. An OG G2 swirl in a color combo that, despite the inaccurate nature of ano, was hit perfectly by @G2_Jake’s annodizer. Simple, but it still makes me very happy.

My unicorn fade Smashing Poppet. When I first decided to collect Smashing I told myself to accept that I’d never see one of these. Took about 2 years, but thanks to @chaosgow I had a shot. Absolutely love this.

Team edition CLYWxOD 7 Summit. Just happened across this in a trade and I am still buzzing from it. Just the idea that there is an “8th 7 Summit” that I didn’t know about makes me want to collect the others. Maybe someday. It might not even be rare, it just feels rare to me. It’s like that copy of Gish I had that was released under the Caroline label before the Pumpkins signed with Virgin. The world didn’t really care but it was a treasure to me.

15 Likes

A Duncan Ace #99 , have only seen one picture of a blue one in the bagged blank backed card it came on at the Museum of Yoyo History and it is mentioned by Chris Cook in Collectable American YoYo’s.

8 Likes

I have the original prototype #1 for the Dif-e-yo Gladiator, bought it from Frank! Its the king of my collection!!!

7 Likes

I have an david ung shutter, but not a normal one which is already pretty rare, its the laser engraving sample in black 1 of 1. original one is gold/blue splash. its the yoyo on my profile picture

8 Likes

:call_me_hand:, that’s what’s up!

3 Likes

:call_me_hand:, Nice!

1 Like

These 2 are definitely my rarest and most coveted:

Airetic Prototype (1 of 5)
RSOxDocPop End Prototype (1 of 4)

*edit:

Also, my first yoyo, a Spintastics Tornado Terminator.
Fairly certain this fella is rare, I’ve seen a lot of variations of the name: Technic Terminator, Terminator Tornado, Tornado 2, etc. I’d be rather interested if anyone knew more about this piece, I bought it new in the 90s, that lawn mowing money!

6 Likes

Powder-coated white One Drop VTWO. As far as I know, there is only one other in the world like it.

16 Likes

Spintastics lost the rights to Terminator relatively soon - so not around long, any of their yoyo’s with it in the name are collectable :+1:

3 Likes

Clear panorama, soon won’t be though.

5 Likes