What's your rarest yoyo?

Every time I see an End I’m reminded of @_Z1

4 Likes

F. That pic still makes me sad. :disappointed_relieved::cry:
I wonder how many The End’s remain intact.

3 Likes

Specifically hard to say, as with all collectable items value is in the eye of the beholder. It was a yoyo that came about during the last big yoyo craze, and Terminators along with a whole slew of other new brands of yoyo’s were born. The Terminators were not made as long. The strong points are right at a quarter of a century old and not as many made as the others. I personally have seen a few( not alot ) of them on Ebay for between 30.00 to 40.00. - 70.00 to 80.00 MIP. Good luck with your yoing activities, it’s all about fun! :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I personally want to know how the D U C K you got the proto The End 2.

5 Likes

I’ve been waiting for seven days for you to rock up and ask that question.

Where have you been?

4 Likes

Havent been on my laptop to look at the Yoyoexpert forum, lol! I have my account as logged in always for when on my laptop, but not my phone.

I’m always around… :wink:
hiding and lurking! Anywas, lets posts some rare yoyos!
I was known for having a rarity here or there!

The End prototype, called the “Double-Naught” due to the double zeros.

The Anti-yo BSP- at one time I had this many…for real.

The Clyw Peak in the Red, Blue and Green with siliver splash. Should of never let em go…

Red, blue and yellow Fh1s with yellow caps

Yellow, Blue, and Red FH1’s with white caps

The prototype G2 x Z: “The Wolf”.

The infamous “Metal Hitman”. Used to have two of these but let one go, Still love this

The Werrd Fruiture. The yoyo that should of had a full run happen…

The Yoyofactory Soul Doubt prototype. “You can’t win without soul doubt!” -Ben Mcphee

There is two yoyos in this photo I don’t have seperate photos of- The 3rd yoyo in the back is a yoyo made by a player by the name of “Colby” whom named it “The Ragnarok”- has a bell like shape with a size A bearing- super speedy! The one behind the Ragnarok is the Russel Dirt- Similar shape to a Bape- all raw, large bearing and uses broad silicone pads. Had like 6 of them at one point. And the last one in the back is the modded yoyojam yoyo known as “The Black Death”. Similar in idea to Doc Pop’s “Bolt”.

19 Likes

I love you ZamMan. It was totally cool to finally meet you in person.

2 Likes

Gsquaredyoyos Life, anodizing test color scheme.
I believe this is 1 of 1, or at least i`ve been told that it is.

12 Likes

Most of my yoyos are from small boutique brands, so most of my collection could be considered arguably rare. When you consider there’s only a hundred of a certain yoyo model in the world, and only 20 of each colorway, that’s pretty cool. But these are the rarest out of my collection.

Circle City Yoyos Warhawk, Team Edition colorway. There were only 15 of this colorway made, and they were never for sale. Bradd gave these to the team members and people who worked with him for the Warhawk. I have a complete collection of all five Warhawk colorways plus the prototype, I only know of two other people with a complete set of all six.

Here’s that Warhawk prototype. I’m not sure how many of these exist, I think around 20. There were a few more prototypes than Team Edition, because Bradd sent them to a few reviewers whose input helped shape what the production model became.

This is the Circle City Yoyos Warbird prototype. I’m not sure how many were made, I think around 20-25. I have two. I don’t know of anyone else who has more than one, pretty sure even Bradd only kept one but I could be wrong there.

Another prototype, this one is the PWRhouse from @TSAF and again, not sure how many there are. I think about a dozen? Will can correct me if I’m wrong.

This one’s a recent addition, the YoyoFreaks Pound. According to their Instagram, only 9 were produced of this Pop Rocks colorway.

This is the Sistine from @TSAF. It’s not rare, but this one is. For those who don’t know, the whole idea of the Sistine was to have a big flat cup you could paint or draw on. There may be other Sistines out there, but none of them have the 2008 emo high schooler version of me type doodles on them, and I’m proud of that. This one’s mine. :wink:

13 Likes

I essentially won the lottery! But better, cuz money can’t buy happiness (allegedly), but extra awesome prototype yoyos with yoyos certainly does!

It was a giveaway with the RSO Soaking YWET Edition YWETi, there was one RSO End and one RSO Heavy Duty prototype given away randomly to 2 purchasers.

It’s definitely the absolute crown jewel of my collection!

10 Likes

Had some free time this morning while eating my breakfast and went through my old Flickr to find some cool pics. I couldn’t find a picture for a couple of things like my og painted peak, small bearing first run bvm, Higby dyed fh1 with a hubstack kit and cut caps, and some sweet yoyojam’s.

Tfl with a special coatings and logo on it and hot it at like world’s 2009

Proto dv888 from pnwr some year

Greens and white dv8 straight from Dave

Nats heavy blasted ywet I got at that nats

Yyj 44clash luminous

Higby 401k

In package freehand

Kyo red devil immortalis 2

11 Likes

Here’s an album of a few of the rare throws that passed through my hands

I think the test ano small bearing bvm was the coolest of them all

6 Likes

I forgot about all of those sweet dye jobs.

3 Likes

I have 1 of the Oxy Ti 9.06’s autographed by Carlo Menon but it’s not one of the Tattoo editions…

2 Likes

The Luminous is such a stupid yoyo. It goes against the conventional wisdom of ‘push mass to the outer rim’ by instead employing a PLASTIC ‘weight’ ring on a 7075 body. Why??

Despite this, I always loved how it played. I still haven’t made up my mind if the 44Clash version is ugly as sin or simply badass.

2 Likes

This here is what I consider to be my rarest yoyo, because I’m the only person who will ever own it. Hand-painted ano done by Britton Pankratz.

29 Likes

I still maintain that ‘rare’, when it comes to yoyos, requires 3 things: desirability (do many others want this?), rarity (how many were made?), and difficult to find (who’s even selling them?). With that in mind, here’s 13 yoyos of mine that I find to be relatively rare.

1st run gold Chief

Nickel Chief (1 of 12?)

Black w/ black splash Canvas and Avalanche

I’ve always loved this colorway and I wish CLYW did more of it. I believe the Canvas is a Fool’s Gold due to an apparent ano flaw and the fact that it’s engraved. Which I don’t mind because the engraving is killer. But I know almost NOTHING about these two. If anyone has any info on the black w/ black splashes, please let me know.

It’s hard to see, but the splash is very unique.

The infamous Ti Walker (1 of 89ish)

The Ti Vayder before the Ti Vayder was the Ti Vayder: The D***Runner

Magnesium FreeHand

One of my faves: a BBB preproduction Avalanche (1 of 4) I believe this is the rarest yoyo I own, barring 1-off paints.

2nd (?) run Purple Lava (?) Peak

Honorable mentions:

Another titanium from the UK: The Wanker

Nickel MK3

Positron supposedly painted by Kentaro (1 of 1?)

(1 of 1 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) 3rd run Peak painted by me! (previously a Wolf Lake Peak painted by Brett Grimes)

17 Likes

By the numbers it is probably my toxic hazmat being one of 8 followed by my full yoyo freaks collection being 1 of 10s.

11 Likes

Another one of my rare ones. I had been looking for years before I was able to score this off the - bay…

12 Likes

That would be a third run acid wash peak actually

The best playing is the peak runs

3 Likes