What's your most beaten up yo? Show and tell

My Maverick has a lot of scars on it and is gonna get more now that I’m learning 5A

10 Likes

Idk what it is anymore

11 Likes

My Supercell has seen better days…

10 Likes

I have several with many little dings, but I think my Triple Play takes the win for me. This one used to be glitter filled before it took a nasty hit to the ground and broke off a couple chunks. Nothing a little epoxy and sand paper couldn’t fix though.

11 Likes

Does it have any vibe?

3 Likes

near mint to be safe?

2 Likes

Either my raider or my loop 720.

Both are in mint condition

10 Likes

It’s got that nice “looks like a sphere” wobble :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Fireball beaten not broken the little ones throw it from time to time.

M1 beaten polished beaten and polished again.
In the beating phase once more.

Sherpa beaten thrown in back packs with out covering taken on long bike rides shaken and abused almost delegated the caps once was able the press them closer together.

I need to do better at beateing up my throws that I am willing to beat up. I feel like I have not held up to the thread title after seeing the beaters everyone else in putting up.

I will strive to take more risk with my working throws when throwing.

11 Likes

I actually was curious about this a while ago and started a thread! You should see some of the well loved throws there :laughing:

6 Likes

I think this is the third time I have posted this pic but my M1.

I have been using it since One Drop first launched it and I have a habit of always throwing it with a counterweight.
It has been used for everything but 2A and 3A. It has traveled all around the western United States. It has traveled across the ground in many a house, skatepark, and construction site.
It almost seems indestructible and will always hold a spot in my top 3.

14 Likes

Mine has to be this 5-Star, it was part of my mismatched 3A pair when I first started learning that. I must’ve traded or given away its counterpart at some point because I don’t have another yoyo this beat up. Still plays super smooth though.

20 Likes

That looks so industrial I have to take more risk with working throws.

1 Like

Mine are currently these Rebounds. Not toooo bad yet. Been grinding out the 3A basics with them. Both have 5A concrete gashes too, both still smooth as day one

14 Likes

Neat example from yoyo history, here’s Ben Gates’ infamously dinged up project, the story is he took it to a local contest and had people beat it up in a parking lot, here’s an excerpt from the yoyo wiki about it:

Ben is known for the infamous, beat-to-hell OneDrop Project, which was mutilated as a durability test after Maryland States 2008 in the parking lot of the Holiday Inn Express. Despite heavy damage sustained by constant Hammer of Thor’s, in addition to an altercation with the pizza guy’s car, the yo-yo remains playable. One of the hubs is bent, so the axle is crooked, but it is still usable to this day.

If anyone has more info on this I’d love to hear it, sounds like a funny story.

12 Likes

There are beater yos but this takes the cake

This BSP might really take that cake.

11 Likes

lmao I forgot about this! though i’m not cool enough to be around for when it was released :frowning:

3 Likes

Thing was made to take damage

10 Likes

My oldest and most used yoyo.

I bought this thing in '99 for 50 Dutch guilders…a coin we don’t even use anymore.

Learned all the basics with this up to brain twisters.

Had it with me while in Scotland doing church work.

It’s the yoyo that had me wondering “wonder if there’s better yoyos out there by now?” Around two years ago.

It’s hit concrete, fallen from heights while i rocket launched it in to the air (always a crowd favorite), looped like a demon and kept coming back for more.

And now it has finally given up the ghost. The plastic that holds the nut in place has cracked and it can not be unscrewed anymore.

Rest in peace my friend I’ll always treasure you…

Ps…does anyone have a Yomega Saber Raider for me?

10 Likes