Whats your ideal yoyo bag/case/holster?

I ask because my partner does handcrafted leather work and I want him to make me a carry bag for a few throws!

I think I most like the style of an old YYF bag Ive seen out of stock online. Messenger shape with 8 individual yoyo pockets under the flap, and the larger pocket for extras. But probably something a lot smaller for me.

If you could build your ideal yoyo carry device what would it be?

6 Likes

A CW hole for every yoyo hole would be my dream. But that’s foam related.

3 Likes

Pocket dimension bag. But irl I wouldn’t mind snagging a ZGRT pack

6 Likes

I really love the ZGRT backpack even though I wish it was a tad larger. That’s really the only complaint is it’s just a bit smaller than my needs for a trip. Would be nice if I could slide a 17 inch laptop in there with a charger and peripherals

I personally prefer a satchel style bag. Preferably leather with a snap that can also hold a laptop or document ls if needed but has a foam insert and compartment for yo-yos. This would also be a big bag probably that could fit at least a 14 if not 17 inch laptop if desired.

5 Likes

It’s probably not as small as you’d like, but I’d recreate the original Yomega High Performance bag. It’s a great EDC bag with a focus on Yoyos. It holds 24 throws, and has plenty of room for accessories.

I’d probably modify it so it’s more of a backpack rather than a messenger bag.

2 Likes

The ZGRT bag is my current EDC. I do love it and i agree it could be larger. I was able to fit my large tablet in it though, which is nice.

4 Likes

2-3 yo-yos in a fashionable and well secured case with enough loose storage to fit a DSLR body and 1 lens would be my ideal bag. The Unknown sling does this well but would love to see another take at this layout. Another example is the Fanny Pack by beyond

5 Likes

Ah didn’t think about Fanny pack. That’s another format I wouldn’t mind trying at some point.

2 Likes

I don’t really have big ideas for the ideal yoyo case but, I’ve always thought it would be cool to have a yoyo case with a large loop field on the front to add velcro patches to it to personalize it.

2 Likes

A nice slightly fashion-conscious leather holder, one that wouldn’t look out of place clipped onto a bag. The one thing I’d want that isn’t on any leather holder available though would just be some kind of extra clip or way to secure a counterweight to it.

It feels like there’s never any good way to secure a counterweight with a yoyo holder, they’re always gonna be awkwardly tucked into the holder loop, or just left dangling and potentially unwind the string.

4 Likes

Cool idea, I really like what ZGRT did with the KnuckleYo bag.

2 Likes

The Mowl Leather Cases are super tight, but expensive and hard to get (justify)

3 Likes

This, but with yo-yos.

11 Likes

Didn’t @RC_yo-yo get that suggested with his leather holsters?

2 Likes

Isn’t there iron on hook and loop if so any bag can get a patch field. Haven’t looked into it but it’s a thought I’ve had.

1 Like

I don’t know if you live by a leather shop but I had one near me put together a holster for me on the spot. I showed them the yo-yos and what I wanted and it costed me, like, $15.

I did black leather with silver snaps/belt clip and it looks good on my belt loop or on my school bag. With mine you notice the yo-yo more than the strap which I like. I keep a responsive in my pocket and an unresponsive on my belt.

One is none and two is one!

4 Likes

I actually have two holsters already, and honestly I’m not even sure what a good design to secure a counterweight would even be. I just put the knot loop over the clasp on the holder and it works, but looks kinda funky.

6 Likes

This but leather and padded. Holds 3-4 yo-yos.

7 Likes

I’m also trying to figure that out. Just made a holster and love counterweghts. Has nobody come up with a solution for the counter weight?

1 Like

These can also hang from a belt loop. An underrated design for bringing along a few.

3 Likes