What's your go-to Plastic?

SF PLSTC, skyva, FHZ are the ones I find myself reaching for the most

3 Likes

Easy for me…Speedaholic XX. If you count hybrids, though, I probably like the Iceberg just a tad more.

3 Likes

YYJ Journey, Relic
FHZ
Spintastics Matador, Revolver, Manta Ray
Yomega Raider
(All of the above)

3 Likes

Right now it’s the 000 and Fulvia. I just absolutely love both of these yoyos. Before them is was the YoYoEmpire Fire Spirit and the borealis pro 2. If it’s a hybrid, then it’d totally be the Freshly Dirty Mod 44. But pure plastics it was the Fire Spirit and borealis pro 2.

3 Likes

so, hear me out. I picked up a happy point Leshare loop y2 from like wish or Temu or something and it feels like a loop 720 clone which is strange and while i like my loop 720/ match Frankenstein hybrid that’s been glued back together it’s amazing how similar the cheap knock off plays to the real deal.

My favorite plastic however is more sentimental. my wife got me a YYF Spinstar and while it’s a cheap silly plastic trans axel it’s still super cool that my wife wanted to support my yoyo hobby so that one takes a special place on my shelf.

5 Likes

FH1 and BoltXP. Hard to beat.

2 Likes

This YoYo is really good

9 Likes

I feel like anything delrin or hybrid kind of cheats the questions so I’ll exclude them. I really find I play my sf plstcs the most out of all my modern poly carb throws. The finish on them is just so nice and they play like a dream. Honorable mention to the Mojo, nothing about the Mojo is vastly superior to any other plastic throw I have, I just find it ends up in my hands a fair bit.

2 Likes

Da Capo, such a unique and performant yoyo.

2 Likes

YYR Gargantua and Topyo Mojo (POM mojo is cool too)

If we can count hybrids, then the classic iyoyo Iceberg always has a place in my heart

3 Likes

Shooting Star is probably my favorite plastic.

Dove is also really nice and I have been crazy pleasantly surprised by the Leshare Y1 Edge X. It’s WAY too good an organic Pom yoyo for the silly $15 or so it costs.

2 Likes

Mojo or Plastic Fulvia

Plastic 000 is fun too but I typically move away from Organics quickly.

3 Likes

Plastic Fulvia indeed, I seen many topics of people comparing the plastic 000 with the Fulvia when them are exactly the opposite in terms of playing and power

1 Like

I would say the 000 has plenty of power for the shape. The performance the yoyo packs was actually pretty surprising!

1 Like

currently diffusion 2 and yyj classic if im fed up playing with a metal yoyo

2 Likes

I’m surprised more people haven’t said shooting star.

3 Likes

Speedy XX, or the Mojo since the XX is actually a hybrid.

Ivan

2 Likes

I guess it does count as a hybrid material-wise, doesn’t it? I stil categorize it as plastic since the metal part isn’t on the rims or really meant to greatly change how it behaves in comparison to other plastics imho

Yeah I’m really not sure what the hard-and-fast rule is for classifying, I guess I consider a yoyo to be a plastic if the only metal bits are dedicated to structural integrity like threaded inserts or the axle itself.
I think the XX is a hybrid because the hub is large enough to affect the weight distribution noticeably, and the metal fingerspin dimple seems to have less friction than plastic so it affects play in a meaningful way. But that’s just a personal view, it would be interesting to see what the consensus is.
Likely there’s been a thread on it!

Ivan

2 Likes

+1 for the shooting Star.

2 Likes