What's your favourite mount

I thought it might be fun to discuss some of our favourite yoyo trick mounts, whether it’s your favourite to start your tricks from, your favourite when watching other people perform or any other reason why you like the mount.

It doesn’t have to be one of the classics that everyone knows, if you have some niche tech mount you like then feel free to gush about it too :smiley:

For me, I find myself starting so many of my tricks from a double or nothing and I really enjoy it as a starting point for tricks. Hardly a rogue pick, I know lol. It strikes a great balance to me of having enough complexity and options to branch off of without requiring a lengthy/complex setup before getting into the meat if the trick. It’s simplicity also means there are a bunch of ways to vary how you get into the mount (yuuki slacks, a laceration straight into it, popping into it from a 1.5 mount, etc).

A couple other classic favourites for me are the wrist mount and a 1.5 mount. The 1.5 mount in particular I find great for starting off flowing tricks that feel very smooth and satisfying.

8 Likes

1.5 mount obviously! The tricks you can do with it is crazy

5 Likes

My favorite mount is probably the release mount that so many tricks get into now. I just like the feeling of being able to drop everything without magically getting a know.

2 Likes

Me personally I like kamikazee
When I learned the trick that’s all I did for a week

4 Likes

Trapeze baby aka mother mount :place_of_worship:

2 Likes

My favorite is 1.5 mount. I like to enter through Whip to 1.5 trick.
2nd is Wrist mount.

4 Likes

I really like the wrist mount. It just feels good.

This is a really helpful video.

6 Likes

I’m still trying to get my 1.5 on auto.

Trapeze gang. If somebody thinks trapeze is boring, then that just tells me they aren’t thinking creatively enough. I feel like trapeze is a super common home mount for techheads. There’s just endless possibilities from it. Trapeze is the blank canvas of modern yoyoing.

10 Likes

Yo mama

…ill see myself out…

5 Likes

Personally I like missionary mounting but you know I like doggie mounting too!! Or Houdini mount I guess…

3 Likes

double or nothin is fun to get into.

My one is the magic drop, is insane how many variations of the magic drop you can create just messing around and also how many ways it helps to create a trick and form slacks, for me is all around one of the best place to start a new combo

3 Likes

Glad you mentioned trapeze. I have felt that way and love to flourish my landing into trapeze.

4 Likes

Gotta give some shout outs for the Sub Mount (A Trapeze with a TH index in it), and the over looked Hydrogen Mount aka Sidestyle reverse Split Bottom. Also can’t forget the Bucket.

4 Likes

Kamikaze and 1.5 mounts are my favorite. Kamikaze allows for speed play and 1.5 for tech

3 Likes

You technically didn’t limit this to 1a, so I’m saying soloham columns (here I’m doing tennis):

5 Likes

ring mount

4a players rise up

4 Likes