What's your favorite looping yo yo?

My favorite so far is the YYF Loop 900.

Looking forward to trying the Loop 1080 at Cal States.

Believe it or not, I like my Loop 808’s more than my Loop 900’s.

I loop way better with my 808’s.

Bearing - YYJ relic
Fixed - TK no-jive or BC classic

I lost my 808 so I got a pair of 900s and I completely agree. I feel like the 900s are too heavy.

Loop900 are way too light. So far modded fireballs, modded raiders, and unleasheds are the three best.
I can loop with 900 though, I don’t like it, not based on if “I can loop with it or not”. Just like 1a yoyos you can play them all but only a few you actually like.

Personal preference.

Looks like I have to pick up some 808’s.

Can’t beat the price either.

my favorites are currently Sunset Trajectory NXG’s. They are old and no longer available but they loop better than other throws that are out right now in my opinion.

Haru

I love the contrast

900s and 1080s don’t make looping any easier, but once you get to a certain level you DEMAND your product to behave in a certain way. This is our goal with these yoyos. Understanding that left 99.9% of the world without a looping yoyo or a path to 900s or 1080s from us 808 (and soon to be 360s) offers a path with a yoyo that will perform better for someone working their way up to becoming a skilled looping player.

1 Like

I started with Loop900s and later got the 808. I have a hard time using the 808s, but I tried to get used to them. I am unable to loop as well with the 808s. With the 900s, I can get into a rhythm and keep it going sometimes as long as I want. I just can’t seem to do the same with 808s. After getting used to the 808s, when I went back to the 900s, the 900s felt a little bit squirrely to me but it was because I had gotten used to exaggerating my motions with the 808s. The 900s seem to require less effort/motion from me. If I don’t have to think about it, then it flows better for me. Verdict: 900s are my favorite, but I haven’t tried anything other than the 808s and I’m not very good at looping.

Unrelated, but in my experience the 900s completely dominate the 808s when it comes to Eli Hops and 1a tricks in general. It might just be that I’m used to the 900s though.

That’s not even comparable. The 808 is specifically meant for looping . The 900 as well, but the adjustable gap makes it so you can make it less responsive. That’s like comparing a go big to a fiesta for 2A.

RecRev Revurbs have looped better for me than anything else. They are a little heavy and expensive, but well worth the price in my opinion.

Duncan Ignite

Ben, @ 1:03 that was me looping with 900s, not sure if I’m good enough to the “certain level” you’re talking about, well I can do some more than just “basic looping” but I haven’t made any new 2a video in a moment. Anyway, I used to like them I admit, but not anymore after I got some fireballs and modded them. Compared to my modded fireballs, 900s are way too light, it’s like the gap is too narrow that it loops “outward” too much, or more like “flies”, but if I widen the gap I can feel the weight better but the response is not enough making the yoyo kinda “drop” at the end of the string. With modded fireballs I can get wide gap or narrow gap with about the same responsiveness by sanding the spacers more or less.

I have yet to try 808 so I don’t know about them. They might be lighter than 900 and 900 are kinda lighter than my modded fireballs setting, so nothing “contrast” really…

one persons heavy is another persons light.

Its all about preference.

Thanks for again highlighting this.

For the average user ‘sanding spacers less and more’ is an art which will involve trial and error. As a manufacturer Im actively trying to help players NOT have to go through this.

The question does ask what is your favorite, but for the sake of people reading this thread, consider what is the right choice for them, as that is ultimately what people will read this thread for.

I meant that statement as a silly after thought, not necessarily a serious point of debate. I do however play my 900s 100% on the tightest gap setting and they are more responsive than my 808s.

I can never make then responsive enough. Even with the tightest setting. I’ve even tried some Vaseline In the bearing and it only made it less responsive haha

808’s are just perfect.

For me that is.