Whats Your Favorite Game 2023?

Whats Your Favorite Game 2023?
Which Console Ur Using?
Any OGs with gameboy?

4 Likes

I’ve played and finished one game this year - God of War: Ragnarok - and it was excellent

Just bought Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and a Switch and really liking it so far.

4 Likes

TotK is by far the best game from 2023 so far. How Nintendo managed to improve off of Breath of the Wild is beyond me.

That being said I’m currently playing Tales of Maj’Eyal and Project Zomboid currently. Finished up Caves of Qud, which is a living testimony that you don’t need good graphics to have an amazing game, just good mechanics and good storytelling.

Live and Drink.

5 Likes

how is any yoyoing getting done now that totk is out?

5 Likes

Haven’t bought it yet bought too many yo-yos and have to let the wallet recover first so I guess I yoyo till the budgets straight lol

2 Likes

ToTK is obviously great but I also really enjoyed the Dead Space and RE4 remakes.

Also Pikmin 4 is coming out in July and I’m very excited for it. Also, new Armored Core. And Street Fighter 6, and allegedly Starfield. It feels like a very big year.

The Playstation showcase is tonight too

3 Likes

I’m playing through Final Fantasy IX for the first time on Switch.

Bought the game new when it came out on PS1, but failed to get past the first disc before my PS1 was sold, or broken, or who even knows anymore?

I think it broke, my younger brother recently recanted a story of us recording the final boss fight in FFVIII on the VCR and it took multiple attempts since the Playstation kept overheating.

I’m on the 4th and final disc now. I gotta say, it’s far from my favorite FF, but it’s still captivating and I’m looking forward to the ending.

After that, I’ll probably dive back into Pokemon Scarlet and finish it.

4 Likes

New Armored Core is exciting!

3 Likes

I’m excited for anything From Soft makes. They’re the only developers that I feel confident pre-ordering from any more

5 Likes

I forgot Pikmin 4 was coming out soon, I’m pretty excited for that. Super under appreciated series.

If this thread is about just what we’re playing in 2023, I just finished up Shadow Hearts From the New World and it was mechanically one of the best RPGs I’ve ever played. Nothing says a good turn based battle system like being able to go for all or nothing 2 frame hit windows, with visual indicators for the timing window being intentionally hidden to increase your damage output.

I gotta play Shadow Hearts Covenant next. I hear the gameplay isn’t quite as deep as New World, but the music is so good from what I’ve heard.

1 Like

I am an armored core fanatic from the old days and I’m still not sure about pre ordering. Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited but it has been a long time and the last couple AC titles felt more like gundam or zone of the enders with the infinite flight.
From makes good stuff, but if you are only familiar with their souls games think twice. Armored core and souls games are both from From software and they are both difficult. The similarities generally stop there.

Probably Mega Man Battle Network, that game took me back. It seems like AAA games have gotten so mid the past 5 years or so, COD is nothing like it used to be, sports games have turned into micro DLC money grabs. I find myself playing my old consoles/games or just straight up Rocket League more than anything else.

4 Likes

Got my SO zelda and we’ve been runnin round puzzling out shrines and jumpin into wells and all that. Pretty fire. Fought this giant centipede looking big bad bug and that was dope. Mostly she plays until I get tapped for extra bad baddies and as a second set of eyes for some tricky shrines. Still ain’t got no steering wheels tho so all my vehicles just go straight :expressionless:

Rocket league is still fire lol…elden ring was pretty good, tbh haven’t played much else besides old stuff

1 Like

I’m only platinum 1 so like I’m not a liability but also no pro lol

1 Like

I’d say average player is Gold 2… so not bad! Best I’ve got is Diamond 2. In standard I never quite make diamond cuz I play with randoms… the times I have made diamond in standard it’s when I get with a good group and go on a run

1 Like

Oh it’s so hard to rank up after gold without a solid team. Every pair of randos I get usually are mid or I have absolutely no clue how they’re even ranked where they are lol

1 Like

D2R for me. Last pic before I died in a Hell MF run. Gotta run it back again :skull:

4 Likes

Some love for MMBN. I’m 28 and playing thru these makes me question how 9y old me was able to beat these so easily.

1 Like

The game probably does it on purpose to keep us playing :joy:

1 Like