What's your favorite bind?

What’s your favorite bind? Post a video if possible Here is a new one I’m working on

3 Likes

Throw away or guy wright

7 Likes

Guy Wright a great one

3 Likes

Now this is a fun bind! Just tried it out and its pretty easy to pick up and very satisfying.

3 Likes

I’ve been doing like a double reverse front mount lately. Keep the loops small and pinch just one at the last moment. Like a basic front bind with an extra lil flair.

3 Likes

Sky bind. Although that’s just my most used one. Favorite varies on whichever I’m practising so that it becomes natural.

7 Likes

Backspin Bind.
Timeless, reliable, perfect wind.

5 Likes

The one that works :upside_down_face::wink:

9 Likes

…and this one for Wrist Mounts:

2 Likes

Got a video of that? Please post.

kind of like a guy wright bind that stalls in the middle so the yoyo just droops down. it’s a really chill and easygoing bind and probably my most used

7 Likes

I’m boring and I like simple binds that are safe and easy. I don’t really have a favorite, I just do whatever feels right for the trick. The feeling of landing a trick and then missing the bind sucks lol.

Favorite bind that I don’t do is probably just doing a slap bind but using your foot to kick the slack into the gap, I saw Zach Gormley do that once but I’m so inconsistent with slap binds in general that I never do them.

13 Likes

Reviving another dead thread but w/e it’s a fun question. I’m going these two right now. I don’t know the names of either. To myself I’ve been calling the first one the quick bind and the second one is the oldhead bind.

4 Likes

I really like the Bind I came up with as a variation on this trick Yoyojoe is teaching…

When the first slack comes over I don’t catch it with my finger but let the slack fall into the gap. Perfect position to just raise my throw hand and bind.

And also the Vasek One Handed Bind is a favorite of mine. Especially when I‘m in a flashy and stylish mood :grin:
Tyler Severance is teaching it in his 5 Pro Binds Video…

4 Likes

I like that trick a lot…looks satisfying and I like all the candy rain finger release type stuff…about to give it a go!

1 Like

Binding from trapeze and brother is fun for me

Nice :+1:t5: Enjoy! This bind truly feels satisfying.

2 Likes

I’m surprised to not see these slusny videos posted - old but good!
Alternative Binds 1/3 - SLUSNY Yoyo Tutorials - YouTube
Alternative Binds 2/3 - SLUSNY Yoyo Tutorials - YouTube
Alternative Binds 3/3 - SLUSNY Yoyo Tutorials - YouTube

4 Likes

Guy Wright Bind that I adapted for frontstyle. The only new move I learned in the past 365 days. I love it! Guy Wright Bind High Speed - YouTube

3 Likes

The outside slack bind is my favorite and makes a really tight/clean bind. Tyler does a good job but what helped me start to land it was to:

1. imagine your throwing the yoyo to setup a jade whip
  2. Don’t just let go of the string from your non-throw hand, pluck it like the string on bow or guitar and that will shoot the slack under the yoyo.

Eventually you can get it without the pluck but that’s what helped make it click for me.

3 Likes