What's wrong with the 888x

Pretty sure most of the Americans complaining wouldn’t want to work in a sweat shop anyway.

What I gather from this is that your throw is fickle and dependent. As well, just because your opinion fits in a majority does not negate the existence of things you don’t like.

[quote=“jbritter3,post:17,topic:65550”]
You sound like a parent that sends their kid to their room the second they bring up a valid point.

There’s nothing wrong with the 888x. Many people prefer other 888 models over the 888x for various reasons, a primary one being the highwall on the 888x (the 09 also has a highwall standard, the 07/08 do not). Additionally, undersized yoyos have fallen more and more out of favor the past few years.

If a highwall organic throw is what you’re after then the 888x could be an excellent choice. If you want the latest awesome 56mm diameter, 54mm width V/H shape competition oriented yoyo then the 888x is not for you.

high end like OD, CLYW, YYR

it’s not stable in comparison to other yoyo’s out there. It’s stable enough to have fun with if it’s your preferences but not very stable on the overall scale.

It’s $100, terrible price compared to real high ends or new budget metals.

That was then, this is now.

My throw is great lol you can’t determine that by what I said, and I was giving the reasons the people don’t like it! which was the whole freaking point of the post!!! I never said I didn’t enjoy it, never said I thought it was terrible, I was simply stating the complains I’ve heard of it.

I’m not a parent for one, and two, I’d never do that, three, you don’t even have a valid point, you’re misunderstanding and throwing stupid comments at me.

Nothing wrong with it to me. I really liked my 888x (2010). Great grind finish, fun hub-stacks, and plenty of spin for me. Heavy on the string somewhat but solid and fast too if you wanted it. Got mine mint for cheap and wished I’d never passed it on now! :wink:

You could argue any yoyo that isn’t solid titanium isn’t highend. No yoyos are for everyone.

1 Like

I never liked my 888x. I traded it for an '07 888(Small bearing) at worlds, and it’s now one of my favorite yoyos.

JBritter, you’re arguing about whether a yoyo is good or not with someone who won trick innovator of the year and multiple regional contests over the last like, 8 years. What an idiot.
Saying a yoyo isn’t high end simply for the fact that it isn’t made by CLYW, TP, OD or YYR is ABSURD.
True, the 888x isn’t as good as some of the old ones, but it is still better than you. If the 888x isn’t stable enough for you, you should quit.

Thanks for all your help guys. And stop fighting

do you guys not read my comments? like I said, I was giving a generalization of what many people have thought and said in the past, I never said it wasn’t stable enough for me, I just said it wasn’t as stable on other stuff on the market.

People all have different opinions of whats a high end, that doesn’t really matter here.

I’m not even arguing that it’s a good or bad throw, I’m just making comments.

Telling me to quit? that’s real kiddish.

You people are getting so worked up over nothing and are just being jerks even though I haven’t even been mean in my comments like all of you. Can we just have a simple discussion without all this attacking and useless comments and just get to the point? oh and read my comments and actually figure out what i’m saying and arguing instead of bringing up pointless stuff.

I’m with him STOP fighting!

Back peddling now?

I don’t even… what…
The vitriol…

1 Like

No I’m not back peddling I’m just saying that we shouldn’t fight over what people think

Yea I was going to point that out. Its Jon Rob. He could destroy most of us in a battle with a Duncan Imperial and Chuck Norris hanging onto his index finger.

It was directed at jbritter.

As soon as the kid said YYF doesn’t make “high end” throws, he lost all respect… lol. He “was only giving a generalization of what many people have thought and said in the past”. He doesn’t know what he is talking about. Give him some slack.

like i said peoples definition of high end are different, I like a lot of yyf throws. and I know what i’m talking about, but I guess this is the last time i ever try to be helpful. bye

What makes a Chief highend but not a C22?

[quote=“jbritter3,post:38,topic:65550”]
Instead of relaying what others think, only to backpedal and damage control once people call it wrong, just let them say it themselves. It’ll make it easier for everyone.

1 Like