What's the Point of Having Two of the Same YoYo?

what yoyo?

1- Some people like haveing more then one colour.
2- Some people like making half and halfs, example being the “Bape” colorway.
3- Some people like having different set ups for different yoyos. Example being for Onedrop throws how there is different Side effects.
4- Some people buy two yoyos so one is collectible/mint and the other is to play hardcore.
5- Some people buy two in order to perhaps do a future trade. Example being people buying Cheifs.
6- 3a.
7- Some just like to spend frivolously.

I had 6-8 Anti-yo BSPs at one point. I do not regret getting them.

1 Like

I was under the impression that Side Effects were made precisely because they could change the play of a single yoyo, removing the need to get another.

All of the above.  :wink:

At this point I believe I have 9 or 10 the YYJ Hitman in various color schemes and setups. I really like how it plays and I have a number of them all set up differently. Others I obtained because of the unique colors etc.

Here’s a few:

I have duplicates (or more) of others as well. I think I have 5 YYJ journeys at this point and a number of YYJ Legacies and Duncan FHZs - different colors, different setups.

I don’t do 3A and I’m not sponsored.

I have many YYF 888s. Many. (more than 2 :))

To answer your question (for me anyway) some people are collectors. Comic books, coins, older toys…

I had all day today in my pocket (when it wasn’t attached to my finger :)) a red YYF SkyLine. I like to yo-yo and I collect things.

Having a duplicate could indicate the person is a collector.

I hope that helps.

True that. I alternate side effects all the time because I only have enough side effects to satisfy my halves. No spares or alternative weight selections.

I usually collect duplicates to have one to destroy and one to baby. Typically both are kept in good shape so I may be in vain. Also the fear of losing a yoyo in a trade/sale/discontinuation is a huge incentive to hoard. I have two Dangs, two Viszilla-styles (one is a Bapezilla.2), and two Markmont Projects. Ready to play over concrete, mud, lava, skeletal remains, whatever, I’m not afraid of dings.

Most likely Chupacabras, or the yoyo he made. I think.

I have owned about 14 Dietz before. They ALL had different setups. Like completely.

when you think about it, what’s the point of having a yoyo?
what’s the point of playing with it?
what’s the point of music? when you think about it, really, is there anything more ridiculous than someone saying things in a weird rhythm at different tones?

there doesn’t need to be a point for anything, especially when it comes to playing, creating, experimenting or just having fun expressing yourself.

2 Likes

The number one reason to have more than one of the same yoyo: So people ask, “Whats the Point of Having Two of the Same Yoyo?” The answer is: “So you don’t just have one. One is so odd.” (math joke there :wink: I didn’t say it was a good joke!)

1 Like

Breaks out into song

“One is the loneliest number that you’ll ever doooooooo!!”

:smiley:

But I play/learning 2A…so it’s kinda necessary for me to have two of the same yoyo.

Having 2(or more for that matter) of the same yoyo is a pretty important thing here in singapore.
Cuz competitions are pretty frequent, they are really accessible and pretty much everyone
competes, meaning the guys that arn’t even sponsored, so yea, you need spares when you go up stage.

But yeah, i can see how it’s kinda hard to compete in some much larger countries as travel is in issue there. And that would’nt give you a real reason to get more then one of the same kind…unless you really really like that throw, or you’re a collector of different versions.

Maybe you like the yo-yo so much you want two of them.