Yoyo repeats yay or nay?

I recently purchased a iYoYo Steel, I live it and am considering buying a second for 3a, however I am also interested in a Yoyofactory Nightmare. So I am asking if I should repeat a yoyo purchase.

I have purchased multiples of yoyos I’ve really liked, in fact I have 8 of one particular model.

Yay

Well, you pretty much answered your own question.

There may be exceptions but all the 3A players I know use matching yoyos. Whatever model they use; they use yoyos that are as identical as possible.

So you are either going to have to buy another Steel or just use the Steel for 1A and buy 2 Nightmares.

1 Like

I only play 1a and I have a hard time having two of the same… But there are so many colorways and I fear I’m gonna have to break my rule soon and buy repeats.

In you’re situation, I’d def but another. It doesn’t make sense not too.

At one time I owned 12 yoyojam x cons simply for the fact I loved them and wanted a case of nothing but them. Nothing wrong with having multiples!

I only have multiple of the same yoyo for competition purposes (2a), however I don’t feel the need for the same yoyo in 1a.
Even if I love a yoyo so much, if it doesn’t suddenly become rare or discontinued, I don’t normally buy more than one.
To each their own I guess, if you feel like it and have the money to spend, why not?

Rizki, he asked about buying a second yoyo for ‘3a’? He said nothing about 1a or 2a.

You kinda missed the question.:scream_cat:

1 Like

Repeats would be suitable for 3A, since they’re the same so it won’t get too confusing

I have 3 CZPoints right now, and might get one more soon :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re right, my bad. Some of the replies are about having more than one of the same yoyos that I missed the actual question. Funny that reminds me of a theory I have, when someone make a social media status update, and then some people commented, the reader may actually think the comments is also what the status updater is saying while it’s not. That can be used as a social hack but I don’t wanna derail this further.

@OP: Well it depends if you really want to do 3a more than buying a different yoyo, I can’t decide that for you because, well I don’t do 3a in the first place so my answer will alway be buying a different one.

I have a few repeats and they have their benefits…if you were competing, you would have one to fall back on in the event you snagged up. Also for cosmetic purposes, you can 2-tone your throws…and lastly if you are after just another color and really like that yoyo.

i once had 7-8 onestars at a time because i loved them so much

If I really like a yoyo I normally buy more than one, because I beat up yoyos something awful. gota have a spare. :slight_smile: