What's the hardest trick you ever learned?

What are some tricks that were extremely difficult for you to learn?

4 Likes

2.0 hookā€¦. my arms nearly fall off every time i attempt the trick :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

If thereā€™s a single hardest ā€œtrickā€ it has to just be doing an archery flip in 0A. Itā€™s just a kickflip but with 3 loops. This is the archery stall you have to do the kickflip suicide from. Honestly just throwing straight into an archery stall from a breakaway on its on is really tricky. Itā€™s gonna be a battle this month because I want to hit it again to post for my 28 days of fixed axle tricks challenge.

In general though I feel like the tricks that feel the hardest are the ones that require you to have a certain rhythm click, because it requires you to carry momentum in a specific way to perform. Things like soloham rolls to the point of being able to consistently exit them and bind still eludes me, along with infinite beesting. I think a lot of people in 1A feel the struggle of this type of trick pretty early with boingy boing. I think everybody had a battle with boingy boing even if it feels easy for you now lol. Other styles I think feel like they have a higher barrier of entry than 1A mostly because so many tricks require you to carry momentum in certain ways and donā€™t really let you slow them down or pause at all. You just have to fully commit and do them.

5 Likes

I would say spirit bomb while wearing a straight jacketā€¦ Seriously not a whole Lotta room to move aroundā€¦:see_no_evil:

5 Likes

Almost just starting to start comprehending this one by @drewtetz. One of the hardest looking tricks Iā€™ve ever seen on video.

MIND MELEE ā€œCRISISā€

11 Likes

I need to learn that myself

2 Likes

I want to learn some 0a stuff this year

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Spirit bomb was tough

Horizontal cross arm hop and supercharger

4 Likes

I have been yoyoing for maybe a month and I just got consistent with my 1.0 hooks that was hard but the hardest trick I landed was ninja vanish Iā€™m not even consistent with it :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

love the supercharger!

3 Likes

keep working on it! You will get it brother

2 Likes

Thank you! I will :smile:

1 Like

Tower Laceration no doubt. Some of my yoyos just donā€™t like that trick. Iā€™d say about a 10 to 50% chance of getting it depending on the yo-yo.

1 Like

I gotta check that trick out

BEEFHOOK!!! Iā€™ve been trying to hit it for MONTHS and legitimately JUST hit it last night !! Itā€™s SO aggravating because I honestly have a tendency of seeing a trick and am generally able to get that trick in a matter of 10-20 honest attempts , BUT Beefhook was the ONE trick that has driven me to insanity :weary:

But landed my first one last night and THAT is the beginning of bein able to land it consistently after I got the ā€œfeelā€ :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

THIS bruh I have been practicing beefhook so often and can just now reliably do it in front of people with a couple tries. XD
I then also do that swing suicide to make it a repeater which is fun though and that part is high key way easier lol

It it absolutely the hardest trick I know. There are just too many things that have to ā€˜go rightā€™

I think the hardest it took me to learn 2nd place goes to flame wheel just because used a lot of elements I hadnā€™t learned and was a tough tutorial for me to realize some aspects of it.

4 Likes

The 2 that stick out are Woo-hoo and Maverick Vol 1. Slacks have traditionally been a weak point, so Woo-hoo took me years to learn (though it was mostly a matter of my skills catching up). Mavetrick was deceptively tough and took weeks of grinding.

5 Likes

8 Likes