What’s the hardest learning curve for a beginner trick?

For me it was definitely the ninja vanish. How about you?

7 Likes

I had a lot of trouble doing jade whip

4 Likes

a smooth, fast boing e boing is still evading me, the above two mentioned so far were no problem for me though!

5 Likes

Spirit bomb took a while for me to get right, but now it feels natural, like a trapeze.

6 Likes

Iron Whip.

5 Likes

For me, it was the ninja vanish variant from a brother mount. That one took me about two weeks to get down. I thought it was going to be magic drop because everyone talks about how difficult it is but I got that one down in like 2 or 3 days.

5 Likes

Brent stole!!!

5 Likes

hook

4 Likes

swear on yeezy no matter how good I may think to be, seasick will always snap my legs.

3 Likes

I hated Boingy Boing with a passion as much as I was determined to learn it. What made me more frustrated was when I took my brother with me to 2011 BAC. I treated both of us to some of our first high-end metals and we were practicing some tricks, having a good time. I was telling him about Boingy Boing, a trick I had really wanted to learn at the time…I showed him how to get into the split bottom mount and explained what was supposed to happen and within minutes he gets it…having never seen the trick before. A good month or 2 later I finally began to get it down.

9 Likes

That one was challenging. Just getting the timing and the precision down was pretty difficult.

1 Like

seasick literally describes what you feel while learning it

6 Likes

I rarely like learning anything from the front, so I havent bothered attempting to learn boing e boing. It looks cool, but I personally get more fun from doing side mount tricks.

Funny you mention it, because I started learning magic drop just today. Ive landed it a handful of times, but I don’t quite have a feel for it yet. It’s definitely different from anything ive learned so far, but I think im already making progress. If I practice, I don’t see why I wont figure it out in another few days. If I start complaining about the trick in the next few days though, I might change my mind, lol.

One thing I do know that im not ready for is the slap bind. I think it looks extremely cool, and last week I went about attempting to learn it. No lie, got it on my 2nd try. But after that, ZERO progress. I tried a handful of sessions, whipping until my arm was sore each time. I should probably become more familiar with some of the easier slack tricks before I learn this one (I can plastic whip and wrist whip, that’s basically it). I also had similar outright failure when attempting to learn the hook.

3 Likes

boingy boing, double or nothing, yuuki slack, second part of black hops, suicide, slack tricks in general.

5 Likes

Spirit bomb. I fought with that trick for almost 3 months before I really got it.

Suicide was the opposite. I did it within a few minutes of trying, but it took a long time to get consistent. Wait, I’m still not consistent…

4 Likes

Spirit Bomb is one of the next tricks on my ‘to learn’ list, and it definitely looks like it could be my wall.

1 Like

If you think about it like kwyjibo it just works

2 Likes

I remember when I first started getting serious, 1.5 and split bottom mount were really annoying to get. Like so annoying I would get into a 1.5 by doing the first pop to kweej.

Cool, because that is a recent trick I just learned and am getting pretty consistent and smooth with it.

As for the magic drop, I’m already landing it greater than half the time. I’m loving the sound of the string rejection. Hardest part of the trick is landing it in the inside string, but I’m using my Cadence so I’m imagining most of my other narrower yoyos will be easier. I’m trying to fight the urge not to stick my thumb in and widen the gap.

I’m having a hard time learning Rewind. The double or nothing and his brother part kinda happens more and more as I practice but the triple or nothing is a nightmare. Too many strings going on for me to land on the front one. :frowning:

2 Likes