What's the best yoyo under $100?

I get it. There’s “good”, but there’s no “best”. “Best” means “preference”. But it’s hard to say what my preferences are, as this will my first high-end yoyo. I am close to setting in stone my decision to pick the 888x 8) I picked this because it (a predecessor) was used to win a World Champion title, and it has hubstacks. Other tempting yoyos are “Dietz”, mainly because it’s from One Drop and comes with their 10-ball, “BOSS”, the signature yoyo of Augie Fash (one of my favorite players ;D), and “Yuuksta”, signature series of Yuuki Spencer and the guy who won the World’s with the 888.

skeletonboy333, would your answer be the same if my question was instead “What is the best BUY under $100”? :-\ If you say otherwise, maybe I’d go with a Dv888+DMII.

To be honest, Dv888 and DM2 can do the tricks high end metals can, but they’re not high end metals.

So what do you really want to aim for? Just a high end yoyo to show off, or just for more variety of play?

Something I can use for a long time, something durable. I don’t have the money to collect high-end yoyos. Not really to show off, but something that can handle anything (grinds, multiple string layers, excalibur play etc.) so I guess you can say I want variety of play (because I made a counterweight for 5a!). Are high-end metals called “high-end” only because of their price?

Well Dv888 (or Raptor) and DM2 it is. Or something else. Actually I recommend the Yuuksta and Raptor. Perfectly a bit over 100. Yuuksta could give you a taste of more higher end type of yoyo’s and a Raptor which I recommend over the Dv888, it’s durable and does everything.

I’m not too sure what a high end would be mean specifically, but mostly includes precision made which makes high price, and performs well enough.

Like I said… DIETZ! It is great for everything you want, and more. Hubstacks are not like hubstacks, think of them as weights. So, you can change your style of play by simply unscreww the side effect, which goes over the hub. If you wanna go fast, simply change side effects. If you wanna go slow, do the same. Plus they have cool lego ones where you can build legos on.

Well I have only tried the Yuuksta out of these yoyos, but I can tell you it is great! If you get one get a koncave bearing too just like if you were to buy a 888. The reason for this is longer spin time and to correct any tilting that happens with some of these yoyos.

Thanks everyone! ;D I think it’s about time I finally decided on something. This thread is weeks old.

This is a last minute change of mind, since you guys are convincing and I trust your word :slight_smile: I picked the Yuuksta and the Raptor. I am 100% sure about the Yuuksta, and 90% sure of the Raptor. There’s a chance I might want a DMII or a Dv888 instead of the Raptor. Probably not.

Sorry Big cat, I won’t be getting the Dietz :-\ I’m not getting a high-end metal this time. Thanks anyway. But I know I won’t be disappointed with my picks, because I have reassurance from others 8)

A big thank you to everyone :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Personal Favorites under 100…

Yoyojam Phenomizm
One Drop Y-Factor
Yoyofactory Proto & Northstar

NOOOOOO. I have failed my mission. My masters will either shun me or kill me for not converting another. Oh well. The Yuuksta is a great choice though, awesome for horizontal, a really great well rounded throw.