Suggestions for Yoyo's

i am trying to decide between a few yoyo’s. i need some help to decide because i have a small number of yoyo’s and i need criticism from people who have one of the yoyo’s or know someone who does. if you could help i have a budget of approximately $40-$45.

the yoyo’s i need to decide from are:
X-convict
Hitman (or Pro)
the Dark Magic 2
YYF Grind Machine
Dv888

and if anyone has had experience with this yoyo:
Aoda Eternal Star

i am looking for a yoyo for unresponsive play and also has very log sleep times.
and ending with a question: can you put hubstacks on a Dv888?

thanks for any help you can give me

Dear Drummer boy,

I own the x convict and its a nice intermediate yoyo for sure but it’s a hybrid, in my experience they don’t perform or feel as good as a metal, so if you can get the dv888 go for it, you won’t be disappointed. Once you go metal you’ll probably never look back.

yes, i did. love it.

I wasn’t aware that they made a hybrid version of the x-convict.

I apologize for not being more specific, I meant hybrid material, metal and plastic and not hybrid as in the response system.

1 Like

hey my yomega dash is all metal but i dont like it just because of the design. thats why im looking for a new one. it too small for my hands

Hi,

Some of the Yoyo’s on your list are undersized. If you feel you have space even after you palm the yo, and don’t like it, then you have to go full size. I don’t know your preferences, but sometimes its just a matter of trial and error. A yoyo that looks cool may not even be the right one for you and maybe one you overlooked is the right one. (this happened to me) Too bad it costs money to find out. I bought 7 yoyos before i really found one I liked, such as the String Theory quark which I reviewed this week on here. Many players want to know which is the best throw around just by asking and everyone and their brother has an opinion, but only direct experience is the way to find out. So you have to experiment. Most undersized are 50mm by 40 mm. The larger yos I think are 55 mm and up. I don’t know your budget but the trinity, or protostar, northstar, primo, superstar, or the recrev yoyos might be something to look at as they are some of the larger models out there.

good luck-

i typically dont mind as long as its in the 2 inch range…or in your case 50 mm range.

Of the yoyo’s on your list I would cast my vote for the Dv888 as well. its a great yoyo for the price however it’s just under two inches and may be a little undersized for your liking. The Dark Magic 2 is a little larger, but i think you’ll get better stability and sleep times out of a Dv888. a lot of it comes down to preference, not only size and weight but some yoyo’s play heavy while others are real floaty on the string. Part of figuring out what’s best for you is buying a wide variety of yoyo’s, its only when you own a bunch that you realize how different they all are

hey what woould i need to do to get those hubstacks on that dv888?

it is a tough mod and it can not be undone, and it tends to cause vibe. i am unexperienced, so i will let someone else explain it.

DV888 ALL THE WAY