Whats the best yoyo of all time?

Probably my most universal yoyo is the YYR autoscopy. I use it for 1a, 3a, and 5a.

4 Likes

Good Life Mantra. Objectively.

I find the Banshee SS to be one of the best 1a throws. with that said, it’s almost too perfect and I don’t throw mine hardly ever anymore but I know it’s god tier. I throw my chopsticks gorilla or chief or jamboo more. But if I want to learn a trick I know the SS will never let me down

1 Like

absolutely. me as well.

lol

kgb

2 Likes

clyw scout

It’s hard to dismiss the heritage of some designs like the Duncan Butterfly or even the Yomega Brain - they not only were unironically great yoyos for the time, but also impacted the hobby globally for the rest of time.
That being said, my vote would be for either the F.A.S.T. 201 or the 888.
The 201 essentially combines the Brain and the Butterfly’s best characteristics (usable by everyone yet designed to execute real tricks) and like both of those has introduced uncountable people to the hobby.
The 888 is in my opinion the perfect example of ‘modern’ yoyo design. The shape/contours designed for rim weighting, good stock bearing, modern response system, even HUBS! And it contains all of this in what is a very understated design that comes off very well. Perhaps a bi-metal version would be the ‘perfect’ representation but I think this does it well.

1 Like

Top Deck

5 Likes

I like Hawaiian Pizza.

8 Likes

Im more of a buffalo chicken kind of pie

3 Likes

pinnaple+chicken=perfection

YES I LIEK PINNAPL ANYONE WITH A PROBLEM I DONT FRIKIN CARE

1 Like

Duncan Glow Imperial. Iconic.

1 Like

Duncan can kick rocks. Buy Literally anything else! Sold me a lemon, after buying hundreds of $$$ worth of product, didn’t stand behind their product.

So the other “hundreds of $$$ worth of product” you have from them is suddenly all invalidated because you got a lemon? You obviously thought Duncan was pretty great at the very least if you spent “hundreds” before receiving the lemon. Duncan is one of, if not the largest manufacturer of yoyos there is… when manufacturing things on such a large scale, things inevitably slip through the cracks once and awhile unfortunately.

And it’s been my own personal experience with Duncan specifically that they’ll happily take care of anything that “slips through the cracks” or is deemed a lemon. For example, I reached out after receiving a regular GTR that had some nasty vibe I couldn’t tune out and they totally replaced it for me, no problem. I’m sure they’d happily do the same for you. I used to kinda hate on Duncan for the whole yoyo day debacle last year, but they stepped their game up and the yoyos are undeniably good as hell now. Never thought I’d say it a year ago but I’m a major fan now.

Question: have you reached out to them to see about a replacement? What exactly is the problem?

EDIT: So I went through your posts and I’m guessing the following is the incident you’re referring to:

Duncan has made LOTS of progress since this uh… “era”… they’ve gone to a completely new fulfillment company that has miles better customer service. Like I said, I know because I just dealt with it and it ended very happily. Did you ever end up taking YYE Garrett’s suggestion of reaching out to the retailer? I saw you didn’t respond. I’ve taken that route myself before and it ended successfully as well.

Might be too far past the point now for ya since it’s almost been a year, but it’s only fair to let everyone know that things have very much changed since then.

I did reach out and they gave a cold shoulder. I actually reached out several times and they’ve been nothing but horrible regarding customer service, and I was nice the first few times… They basically said it was my fault and to pound sand on an $80 throw that stripped the moment I got it and took it apart. Duncan is just another Flambeau shill that doesn’t give two flying f’s. Progress? in a year… maybe, but they might as well spit in my face after what I’ve spent with them… then got an insta stripped yoyo. Only the 2nd ever after hundreds. Yes I did think Duncan was great, until they didn’t come through when I had an issue.

Sorry that happened to ya, but things have definitely changed since then. Hope you can give em another chance eventually cause things are way different from the Duncan we were all dealing with around that time.

As for me, I’m actually gonna cop a red GTR-JS tomorrow. It is just so unbelievably good, I gotta have two. I’m quickly approaching 150 throws and it is truly the best performer out of all of them IMO.

Good luck if you have a problem with it…and that time was only 2 years ago and doesn’t excuse their behavior or customer service.

I’m sure it’ll be fine. Like I said, I just got my GTR swapped out as there was an issue with it (like I literally received it yesterday), they totally took care of me and replaced it without costing me a cent. I really do think you’d be fine moving forward in the future if you decide to ever pick up one of their newer throws… and I promise you… you’re missing out on that GTR-JS haha

I’m sure I am, probably an amazing throw. That’s why I spent so much with them in the first place, and because they struck a special chord in my heart being Duncan. After the way they treated me, I’m done with them though. Especially given all the other companies out there that care about their customers.

1 Like