Best Yoyo of all Time

Just in general question, in your opinion, whats the best/greatest yoyo of all time if its all about performance or most revolutionary yoyo.

Lots of great contenders for this but I don’t think anything can be classified as the best. If you look at the 1a division for world’s most winners use a different yoyo every year.

3 Likes

I know you asked for one, but I have a short list:

Draupnir (all around competition)

Anglam CC (all around competition)

Edge Beyond (horizontal, hops, around the body stuff)

Shinobi (straight power)

I’ve never tried a Hummingbird. They’re supposed to be up there.

6 Likes

I am not fully qualified to answer this question, as I’ve only been on the scene since 2019. However, given my limited collection and experience, I would have to say the best yoyo of all time is probably…

Top Deck.

2 Likes

I think no one can answer that question

3 Likes

Revolutionary - Freehand Line and 888.
Performance (Winning by stats?) - Barracuda and Fireball
Personal Favorites (Oldies) - FH1/FHZ, Renegade, Tigershark
Personal Favorites (Recent) - FH AL/One AL/Ti, Butterfly AL

6 Likes

16 Likes

Very subjective and personal and depends upon the style of play.

For me, it will be hard not to always consider the original Duncan Tournament as my “best”.

But now I have other favorites. :wink:

5 Likes

Nothing beats a beautiful wooden YoYo!!!

3 Likes

Quite a subjective question. My personal favorite is a YYJ Hitman on the low price side and the HSPIN G&E4 Lily on my pricier end.

2 Likes

Asking what the best yoyo is is kinda like asking what the best kind of food is. It’s all preference, so you’re gonna get quite a few answers.

My favorites at the moment, and the ones I consider to be the best for me as just a casual thrower are the YYF Butter, A-RT Grail/B7, MCMO, OD Panorama, and OD Free Solo.

There were times where the general consensus seemed to be that the Draupnir, Slepnir, Chief, 888, and TiWalker were considered some of the best yoyos ever made.

3 Likes

Markmont Classic

5 Likes

I will go more philosophical and say the best yoyo of all time is the one that you want to pick up and play.

5 Likes

As most revolutionary, i would mention the SKF yoyo. It was the first yoyo with a bearing. Even if the design of the yoyo wasn´t very good, the invention revolutionized yoyoing completely a little later.

2 Likes

This sounds dumb but, for me, it has to be whatever is in my hand that day.

5 Likes

I can get on board with this.

2 Likes

At the moment, it’s the Mowl Surveil. Smoother, and spins longer than any of my bimetals, and it just feels right in every way, to me. Wide enough, but not too wide, weight is just right, super maneuverable. 10/10. A perfect competition throw, which is surprisingly comfortable in the hand.

4 Likes

Fair Trade Yoyos variety of models. You will find something surprising from the Y to the Ti, and 138 will leave you questioning the definition of undersized.

6 Likes

I would have to say for those that love to throw like myself, It is the throw in my hand. Sometimes the one in the mail can feel like the best throw because of the hunt when you have been looking for a long time.
I just enjoy exploring different throws shapes and weights mostly undersized. There are way too many to pick one.
I will describe the throws I think are the best.
Shape: Organic slightly undersized 50-54mm diameter, 38-44 wide, >4.0mm gap, weight 60-67 grams. There are many great throws from many companies especially new smaller ones.

What is the best car of all time?
Who is the most beautiful woman to ever live?
Who is the greatest artist of all time?
What is the best set of speakers ever made?

… Yeah; same thing.