What's the best playing organic plastic yoyo?

To be more specific, I’m curious to see what people with lots of experience playing plastics consider to be the best playing organic, or butterfly shaped plastic yoyo.

1 Like

I’m sure the Duncan Freehand probably is the favorite here, there’s a reason it’s so beloved, but what else would be close to it…? Also which of the freehand models plays best?

2 Likes

The Freehand One remake is hard to beat. Great price, shape and the response is perfect for me, you can do some fairly intricate tricks if you’re careful and are still able to bring it back with a tug. They come in quite a few nice colours too. Really, it’s probably the best organic plastic you can buy right now.

On the other end of the price spectrum, I find that the Sphere is another great plastic. Very nice shape and weight, with a grind friendly textured surface. The delrin it’s made from is very hard and can take a few decent hits without showing much damage. Spins for a long time and can cope with multiple string layers on the bearing. It’s very fun to play!

6 Likes

I forgot all about the Sphere! That might be the one for me, it’s machined delrin and being able to handle the multiple string layers is a must for me, but since the new Freehand one is only $25 I’ll be snagging one of them too!

I honestly believe I may have made the best playing plastic organic. I can’t post pictures of it though because I’m sworn to secrecy. You will know what it is when it is done (whenever that will be).

4 Likes

I really like the recess first base for a cheap organic plastic! I have one as an edc and it’s great! Spins a long time and can handle pretty much anything I throw at it. I’d say definitely worth picking up if u don’t have one already!

5 Likes

Yeah First Base is a really good organic plastic for sure.

3 Likes

Lots of great recommendations on plastics, organic/butterfly and beyond, in this thread from last year.

2 Likes

If you can find one.

7 Likes

I love the feel of delrin. The Crucial Milk is my favorite for playfeel. It’s not made anymore, though. Is there is an equivalent delrin that is readily attainable?

These are all really good and I’ve been playing them a lot lately. I’ll also add these to the Plastic Organic list:

1. One Drop Cabal
  2. YYJ Patriot
  3. YYJ Kickside
  4. YYF Replay Pro
  5. Shinwoo Phantom
2 Likes

To my mind, the One Drop Cabal is the gold standard for organic-shaped plastics.

2 Likes

Bolt xp or an og kickside. I was looking through my throws and honestly just about any organic plastic yoyojam made was fantastic including the surge, kickside, pinnacle, patriot, and projam.

1 Like