What's the best plastic yoyo that's not one of the 5 main brands?

Alright, it’s settled, I’m getting a yeti when it comes out now…

lol Yeti is so ugly, why not get the Rally now?

I’d say wait for a yeti. I have a choice of a rally now or a yeti later so I’m going with the yeti.

But teh Yeti is Cariboo Loj and dey make teh best retern tops evar

1 Like

IMHO they’re both quite ugly yoyos.

Really? Rally is pretty aesthetic, really like the OD logo detail.

Curious why some people are waiting for the Yeti? Pure hype? I’ve yet to hear of anyone saying they preferred the Yeti to the Rally, combined with the price, wait, and color i’m not sure why people are holding out.

Yeah, the Rally’s “Spring Rain” colorway isn’t my cup of tea. I would have much rather seen that nice Blue with Raw rings they had on the prototype. But the Rally isn’t ugly by any means. I actually like the look of the Yeti. It’s more muted than CLYW’s past releases. The look is growing on me, even though it isn’t one of the best looking tops ever.

The Rally is quite a good looking yoyo. I would prefer more colors, but I’ll just have to wait.

No the Yeti doesn’t look good… Yet. They’re looking for a similar material that they’ll be able to get in multiple colors, so hopefully CLYW will find one.

The reason people are suggesting waiting for the Yeti is simply because of the quality of CLYW yoyos. It’s quite possible that the Rally’s way better than the Yeti. But I’d just prefer to wait and see.

Now this is where it becomes different strokes for different folks: I really dislike the OD logo where it’s been placed on the Rally. I also am not a huge fan of the spring rain color. We each have our own tastes.

So, a huge, heavier Cheif that is ugly and injection molded for 75$ vs an amazing beautiful plastic with great design and distribution, in a shape that i believe will be better plastic than metal, for 45$

Ignore hype, just cuz its clyw doesn’t mean its worth 75$

^ have you tried a code2. I would say a code2 is better than a rally. Regarding the same shape.

The only reason I want a yeti is because I have yet to have a single clyw let alone throw one.

I love the code 2, i think that the shape will do super well with a plastic is all

^ yeah

Having a code2 for a year just made me not uber interested in the rally. I will pick one up when there’s a new color.

$75?! Chris said it would be on the lower end of $40! Plus shipping from YYE, it’s probably about $50 or less, depending where you live.

I think this is now just a matter of opinion. The Rally and the Yeti are good yoyos (for some people).

The Yeti and Rally are both way overpriced IMO. For $10 more, you could get a V, Crazy D, Strix, Halo, Di Base, lots of either metals or completely machined delrins. See, the Trigger was molded then machined and has metal rings, and its $28.

The new delrin magic yoyo