What's the best overall yo-yo string color?

I got some YYSL type x in the yye color. I put it on my YYE edition Windrunner. For me, it is aesthetically pleasing. It is a little difficult to follow in low light settings tho.

2 Likes

I used to be team yellow. But white
Just looks so good with all yo-yos.

8 Likes

I like white but it gets dirty fast. Main downside. It is a classic other than that.

4 Likes

I prefer white due to the visibilty and traditional look. I prefer solid darker color yoyos and white really stands out but I get freaked out about graying finger loops so in between whites I use neon yellow.

Maybe wash and dry your hands before you play? I don’t ever really have a problem with my string getting visibly dirty.

1 Like

Yeah I make a conscious effort to try to get other colors to work, and sometimes they do, but probably 60 or 70% of the time, I end up going with white.

4 Likes

I’ve got a white string on a deep purple and black yoyo, and the combo looks great.
For pure eye candy (at the expense of some visibility), I really like Ann Connolly’s Night Life, especially on a black throw. It has so much going on.
Overall, though, I go with a high visibility Neon Yellow or Lemon Lime string. Even so, I’m much happier with a little variety to keep things fun and interesting.

5 Likes

I like fresh string so I guess that doesn’t bother me.

4 Likes

Just wanted to note I got a brown string in trade and… that’s a first for me :wink:

I think I will pair it with this yoyo … which I do own, I got it for my son

5 Likes

I used to always like yellows. I’ve been using mostly white other than on giveaway yoyos.

Clear, nearly invisible string is what I really want. I sometimes throw with no string at all and boy, does it up my game.

4 Likes

I can imagine

If only you had a new black yo-yo that would show off your string colors … IF ONLY :wink:

5 Likes

I’ll always rock dark purple until I can’t find it anymore. Although I did try some solid black and I really loved the classiness of it.

1 Like

Oh, man, workin’ me aren’t y’all. (Would you believe me if I said I already sparked it???)

3 Likes

Neon yellow is the best colour for a yoyo string. It’s beyond argument.

It’s more visible than white string and pairs well with any yoyo colour.

4 Likes

I like to use different string color depending on the throw. Overall, I think neon yellow stands out the best - especially in videos and contests.

1 Like

[quote=“Glenacius_K, post:56, topic:291894”]
pairs well with any yoyo colour.
[/quote] It pairs well with most, but definitely not all. I would never use a neon yellow string with a yellow, pink, or red yoyo. I’d include some shades of blue in that too. Just my opinion.

1 Like

Neon yellow is basically on everything I own. It’s my default. This could be a placebo effect, but when I’ve tried multiple colors of the same string (I typically stick to bulk), the yellow just seems to feel the best? Softer and less stiff. Maybe it’s the dye, or maybe I’m just making things up. Either way It works for me. :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve read the lighter the dye the softer it is so white and yellow would be the softest