What's the best overall yo-yo string color?

Fast moving red/green objects might as well be invisible for my eyes lol. Pastel pink even is on the verge. Neon pink is ok

Then maybe a blue string would be better paired with red yoyos. A yellow string would seem to me to be a poor choice since it wouldn’t contrast well with the yellowish appearance of red (or green) yoyos.

The contrast between the yoyo and string isn’t a big deal for functionality with me, it’s mostly aesthetic. Unless we’re talking about andanced 2a tricks, and I can’t do those anyway. 90% is string visibility. The yoyo itself rarely poses a visibility problem for me.

Bear in mind that string to yoyo color pairing isn’t the intent of the topic, the intent is you are stuck on a desert island and only get one color of yoyo string for the rest of your life and therefore must choose wisely :wink:

Color pairings are fun though!

1 Like

so… sand-colored strings are out, then?

I’d probably just go for neon yellow. I think it’s the brightest of the available neon colored strings, and it’ll fluoresce off of even low levels of sunlight/UV. Pink or white would be an aesthetic second.

3 Likes

Yellow is on most of my yoyos. Remember too that if you are making a video your shirt and background are just as important as the string color. If you wear a bright green shirt and use bright green string no one is gonna see anything but a yoyo flying around. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

When I first started spinning, I tried to emulate this color, and was successful. It is beautiful to look at, but it does not have very good visibility during play which makes it kind of frustrating to use. It’s beautiful, but not very practical.

Btw, what was that string that you sent me recently?

2 Likes

Can I just say this is a nice baby pink.

Also for the thread. The neon yellow I have doubles as good black light string hence my decision and vote.

2 Likes

Consider the room I throw in most. (Entry to the gateway mall and historic train station building.) The floor is a mosaic of white tile, and thus the room is white-bright. Dark shows up as the contrast.

1 Like

I used to never care for white strings. I always used neon colors; however, @Dust makes some strings that I absolutely love that come in white. Since I got my first string from him, I have hardly been able to use another type of string (going on maybe 6 months?).

4 Likes

Neon yellow all day long!

White has quite the comeback in vote popularity

3 Likes

Orange, red, black and purple, pink and neon yellow, as far as solid colors, Nylon or poly.

My fav, goes well with a lot of my throws. Sorta like white but not.

4 Likes

I might have to change my previous answer and say zipline antifreeze. At first I thought it was weird. I used to just go for super bright neon yellow or white. Antifreeze is not crazy bright, but somehow it’s more visible for me in more situations.

1 Like

Aside from solid colors, red, white, and black is the one of the best you string combinations.

Hmm, oddly enough just got a red/black/white string mix. Not so sure about it.

A lot of the weirder color string mixes end up reading too dark.

5 Likes

YYE edition? Lol

What on earth are you on about?

2 Likes

I’m not on Earth lol.

1 Like