What's the best kind of String

for unresponsive play? im ordering me a yoyo an i need some string to, to go with it cause there isn’t any stores around me that carry it so when a string breaks i usaly go to walmart an buy a 5 dollar yoyo for its string an it sucks lol. what yoyo would you get out of the dm2, dv888, an things like x-convict an the other 40 dollars 1 for an example new breed an revolution. thanks

polyester bulk string

standard YYE 100% poly

Thanks… is the string called slick 6 any good? ???

Sure, I love Slick6 for Offstring play

Just to clarify and help you, the Slick 6 is half cotton and half polyester. The “best” string is whatever type of string you like. Try some YYE 100% Polyester strings, like others have said. They one of my favorites and may be yours too. :slight_smile:

I like 100% polyester because it is stronger that cotton. Cotton snaps much more often than polyester.

100% polyester is the best for me

50/50 is nice because I can tell when it needs to be replaced: when the cotton is frayed

100% polyester lasts a little bit longer and comes in those nice highlight colors

cotton doesn’t last very long…

Of the $40 yoyos that I’ve tried, I like both B-grade Kyo DNS and SR-71.
Of the yoyos you listed, I’d pick dv888.

I like Buddy Jim’s Nor-Cal Truck Driving Girls (Possibly known as the Unnamed string) or Alchemy, I really dig the qualities nylon gives it. It is naturally thinner and whips and slacks like a pro. It is really strong (stronger and more long lasting that Poly is, ymmv) Once they are broken in they feel just as soft as a fresh poly but maintain the durability and speed. I dunno, a lot of people don’t like it but I can’t get enough of it.

Pick up some string when you get your yoyo.  Get 100% polyester and a color that will accent your yoyo’s nicely.

http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/84/100-Count-of-Yo-Yo-String-(Bulk)