Whats it like? To snap a string?

I was using my brand new wooly marmot, all I had was cotten… It snapped, rolled across the pavement…

I will recount moment for moment what happened when I snapped a string yesterday. Regular YYE cotton on an optic star nojive on a smooth blacktop sealed asphalt driveway. Talking to my dad just throwing a few stalls and stuff. Enjoying the new oring and the wider gap. Then I go to through it slowly unwinds about to hit the apex and then the weight is gone I see my throw picking up tar as it spins into the distance.Then I scudded off into the distance chasing my yoyo, free of worry that the damage was only superficial I let out a tremendous sigh of relief. I was able to rub it off but I was like never buying thin cotton again.

There that is what it felt like to snap a string.

Only when doing magic knot tricks and having to pop the knot.

Don’t know if this counts but I was looping at recess in 4rth grade and the string snapped. the yoyo stayed close as it fell but when it hit the ground it sped away super fast. you should have seen me chasing that imperial on the cement. It was not fun :frowning:

I have never snapped a poly string but this is how I used to know it was time to replace the cotton ones >< I have literally snapped every single cotton string I have ever owned and it is just like everyone describes. All of the sudden your hand goes unexpected weightless and the yo-yo does this cartoon road runner thing where it sits still for a second spinning and then just takes off. Usually it is hilarious but sometimes it was that five minute break you took at work and it goes flying into someone else cubical…now even my butterfly sports kitty string :slight_smile: