What yoyos played different than you expected? [worst yoyo title edit]

The H-Spin Beysick plays different than I expected. Smaller bearing yoyos just seem to be a little bit snappier and grippy and tends to come back before I am ready more frequently. Just means I have less “give” when it comes to being sloppy.

Well now that the title of the thread has changed… the Whip dosen’t play like I expected it to. It’s a $10 yoyo, and based on what I had heard, I expected it to play like a $20 yoyo. It’s actually a $10 yoyo that plays like a $50 yoyo…

Plastic Grind Machine. Had a huge vibe/wobbly and was too light. I guess I expected too much from it. Another is the Supernova Lite, expected it to be solid and fast, but turned out floaty and slow, I love it!

to go back to the yuuksta i personally looove it and have friends who do too

My yyr overdrive. Played so much lighter than I thought possible. It’s my one yoyo I will not trade unless they offer 500$ for it.

The irony. Also way lighter than I thought

So it looks then like you bought one site unseen and didn’t read the specs. :wink:

Haha, I bought it from toys r us when I decided to get into yoyoing seriously. I wanted a beginner throw and didn’t know what all was available at the time. In hindsight, I’ve wasted a lot of money at toy r us on throws that I should’ve skipped out on.

I can agree. I’ve bought a Metal Drifter, Freehand 2, Freakhead(FH2 with scary graphics), 2 Imperials, a Butterfly and a Reflex from the Duncan line. I bought a Brain, Fireball and Xodus II from Yomega there. However, I just find these to be fun throws that I just don’t use as often. Great for example purposes and if they get knocked around a bit it doesn’t bug me.

Since to me, each brings something different to the table(well, FH2 and Freakhead, no. 2 Imperials? Not really. Oh, Imperial keychain, forgot that!), I find the variety is quite nice. But yes, I could have spent the money elsewhere.

Irony, in a good way. It is only 63 grams and so stable and long spinning, just blew my mind. Also yomerica spindustries Hand Candy…the best undersized in my opinion. Better spin times than my mvp and more stable…only 66 grams so it dosen’t have that clunk at the bottom of the string as well.

Agreed over hyped but I love mine to death it taught me how to do lots of 1A and also taught me 5A and 4A (The very basics but still.).

As for yoyo’s I didn’t like too much is the Super Star I picked it up and played with it and thought “Meh” I mean it was fine just not what I was hoping for.

I thought I would be flamed for saying this, but since someone else did I don’t feel so bad haha. I got a n DV888 the day it was released and couldn’t wait to throw it. I just really really did not like it at all. I traded it as soon as I could. Same thing with the Grind Machine. I had a few people recommend it and me personally just did not like it at all. Those are the really only two I didn’t like at all. I had the protege’ and ended up trading it. Wasn’t a big fan of it, it was ok, it was fast, but besides that, I just really didn’t like it very much. So, those three where on my disappointment list.

A couple also said on the flip side so I’ll do the same, the DMII really impressed me. A lot more than I expected. I was a big fan of the protostar and defended the protostar to everyone who said it was over hyped, then I finally got a DMII and realized that the DMII was seriously amazing. I now put it above the protostar and will be getting it for my son has his first main yoyo if he sticks with it. Right now he is using a YoYoJam Prelude which is actually a pretty descent little 14.00 throw.

What’s so great about that post is that, well, granted, it’s against some YYF products, but it just goes to show that whole those who make yoyos try to appeal their products to hopefully the largest base that they can reach, it ultimately comes down to individual preferences.

I got a PGM, I like it. It’s a favorite, but I definitely do not dislike it. I have a dv888 in my list of “stuff to get soon” as well as some others.

There’s nothing wrong with the dv888 or the PGM, if we look at them in the bigger picture of things. It’s when we get granular and take it down to the level of the individual, we can see that not everything is a good fit for everyone. But as I’ve said before, I respect people’s preferences.

My Beysick, using a D-bearing, is I think the smallest bearing I have? I’m not sure. It’s close to an A-bearing in size. Maybe it’s a tad bigger. Well, either way, I’m finding it to be difficult to get used to. It’s very unforgiving and wants to come back when I don’t want it to UNLESS I’m clean on the trick. So, like it or not, this one is staying because it won’t take no crap and will force me to clean up my tricks. Sometimes, they just have to serve a clearly defined purpose.

Personally, I feel:
They aren’t bad yoyos, they’re just misunderstood.

1 Like

okay i got grind machine and i thought it would be like protostar but you can’t do many string tricks. the sleep dies…

super G. i mean i had herd such good things about it and such and i tried my friends and i was lik “null” it just didnt feel any great to me. i like my G5 better.

i love my super g lol. ive thrown almost every yyf there is. all through trading and such i now have a higby 888 and a super g. by far two of my favorite throws and i never plan on getting rid of either of them

My YYF Protege. I was expecting it to be unstable like the similarly shaped Yuuksta, but I was very pleasantly surprised at its amazing stability and performance. Currently one of my favorite throws.

Throw it harder…

I was positively surprised by the New Breed, felt a lot lighter than I would expect it to.