What Yoyo's Have You Had Stolen?

I had an entire production run stolen off our door step last year. Sucked.

6 Likes

I had six brand new custom yo-yos stolen off a picnic table in my backyard just yesterday.

Just an hour before I had returned from Krispy Kreme. I purchased one dozen jelly glaze donuts. I get home I go into the kitchen and I get out six individual chopsticks. I opened the box of donuts on the kitchen counter. Using the chopsticks as fixed axles and the jelly glaze donuts as your your halves, I assembled six of the most delicious fixed axle yo-yos you’ve ever seen in your life.

I wasn’t exactly sure if I needed some sort of lube to make the yo-yos even more responsive or less responsive? So I got a quart of milk and I set it on the picnic table in the backyard along with the six yoyos.

They look so cool I went back in the house to get my Nikon Z6 and a good portrait lens. It shouldn’t take me more than three minutes to set my camera up. But sadly, by the time I went out the back door the table was completely cleaned off and now I’m out six yo-yos and a quart of milk. Is the saddest day of my life. The only thing I have left is a receipt and a little glaze and jelly on the tips of my fingers. My heart is broken.

6 Likes

I bet those all ended up in trash. Porch pirates are the worst.

3 Likes

The Order of Elijah - The Meaning of Life - YouTube

Is that the yo-yo?

2 Likes

Yeah, I had to look that up too…

1 Like

I had one stolen by the mail.
:flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed:

2 Likes

Proyo. Wasnt mad, but lessened my trust to just tell people to get one out of my school bag to try. Best part was they took a $5 yoyo vs my octave that was right next to it.

4 Likes

I’m bored so I watched it.

To my eyes their are three yoyos

The first one that’s purplish is not a Peak

The second one that is Gold and used briefly looks like a Peak to me

The third raw throw I couldn’t get a good look at

It’s possible the second and third yoyo are the same and I couldn’t differentiate between it being gold and raw.

Sorry to hear that happened dizzo, and if this guy then used it in a music video of his it’s just, well it’s a family friendly forum so I’ll leave it unsaid.

2 Likes

Yup, that song is bad, oof.

I ordered a powder coated cascade from a prominent collector with a website… It was supposedly dropped off for shipping, but never made it past that point. Tracking number never updated. I don’t think the seller ripped me off, but the yoyo was never to be seen again.

3 Likes

When I was in 8th grade, we had a yoyo club every week at a local rec center, we would all leave our yoyo bags along the wall while we hung out and threw. One evening, somehow, someone snuck in the side door and chose my bag to swipe and then took off running it seems. No one saw it happen, but someone did see a kid peering in that door a few minutes before I realized the bag was gone. A full case of 24 yoyos were taken, I was devastated. We went out looking around the area to see if we could find them but no luck. My good friend Isaiah happened across a metal sign post that was propped against some bleachers and banged his shin up pretty bad. The next day when the sun was up, my dad took me back to the scene of the crime and we could tell that the culprit had also tripped over the same sign post and wiped out. Found one yoyo, a single yoyo pouch and some accessories on the ground… made me feel just a bit better knowing the thief had taken a heavy spill running from the center. Managed to recover the empty bad from a nearby trash can as well. Never saw any of the other yoyos again.

5 Likes

I was kidding, but imagine if it was? What a story.

1 Like

James Copley was the fella that owned Death By Yoyo for those that may not know…

4 Likes

Did they refund you?

1 Like

I filed a PP claim after not getting a response in the time I would have liked. Perhaps that was unnecessary, but what’s done is done.

2 Likes

Lol, yeah, it went over my head, but had it not, that would have been one hell of a story

2 Likes

Chris Neff did it first Sir. Just saying.

And… I guess if I spent the week climbing Mt. Everest, when I got to the top, there would already be some folks up there having a barbecue.

But if you want to get technical>

Chris used one pair of glazed ‘hole in the middle’ Duncan Donuts and axle/unknown.

I used one dozen Kristen Kreme jelly glazed donuts(no holes in the middle)and chopstick axles and I assembled 6 complete units.

And… the following video is proof that Neff built his delicious pastry projectile for 4A… Whereas mine were designed specifically for OA.

So…. Your point was?

2 Likes

Oh noo I’m so sorry

1 Like

Forgot to mention…I’ve had a roller coaster steal my Duncan Keychain imperial. It was attached to my car keys and I wasn’t thinking that when flying over one of the “airtime hills” that my yoyo would come loose. Going back to the ride knowing where things typically fly out, I searched the area and off in the distance I hear a little kid say “mommy, I found a yoyo!”

I wasn’t going to sweat it, figured I’d let the kid keep the smile on their face.

4 Likes

i hope someone has the guts to post the time they stole a yoyo from someone.

1 Like