What yoyo to get next (need help plz)

hello everyone, I have been yoying for a while now and have done most of the advanced and intermediate tricks. but my yoyo just keeps dying on the string tricks. I cant really enjoy combining tricks or anything because my yoyo just isnt for it.

I am using a Darkmagic first version, I love string tricks and am looking for a great non-responsive yoyo, I hate Response in my yoyo, and this yoyo keeps giving me to much response. I dont know what is the best yoyo in you guyses opinion, but i want super long sleep time, and a really good bearing that can keep the yoyo in the middle and be amazing for string tricks that i will be doing in the expert and advanced section. i want something that is good for basically all string tricks.

Thanks in advance btw 100 $ is my max for paying probably

yoyofactory 888x

a center trac or concave bearing is great to add. try a yoyofactory metal.

Get a Legacy.

get a yyf northstar and the darkmagic 2 + lube

zeekio tempests are really good, although grinding is not the best its still a beast for 60 dollars. on sale in a dif store

Clean the bearing, open the gap, and practice throwing straight.
I understand that the DM is a very capable yoyo. :wink:

Hi,

If you like the DM then go for the Trinity which is the metal version by yyj and stick a KK ceramic in there. I own the 888 2010 and put a kk in it, but it will not sleep as long as the chaotic which costs less. the chaotic comes with a center track and maintains excellent balance throughout just as the kk does. Also the yuuksta has great spin which is similar to the genesis, or the Rockstar which is the metal protostar. Primo too. Anything with heavy rim weight is key to keeping momentum, the heavier the yo, the longer the momentum on a throw. good luck-

there is more than just that when it comes to weight. the more the weight is located on the rims, the more momentum, but the more the weight is centered twards the hub will cause less momentum.

i would recommend getting something with a kk or center track, like a protostar/northstar/starlight/most fundametals. i would also recommend not putting down that DM right away. you say you hate responsive, which means that you have not been playing responsive enough. you see, it pays to practice tricks on a responsive yoyo because then you are forced to use the path that causes the least grabbing, which looks the smoothest. it will cause your yoyo to be smoother when on a responsive yoyo.

Allow me to help.

If you like the DMI, I’d recommend either the DMII or Legacy.

Other alternatives are the YYF Starlite, YYF Counterattack, YYF Northstar, or YYF Protostar.

If you want a metal, get either a DV888 or a Shinwoo Zen :slight_smile:

Hope I could help.

Put some shim and flowable sili your DM1. That yoyo is good enough for any master level trick.

but if you want to buy new yoyo, just pick any yoyo you want. New school yoyo would easily meet your criteria.

I know you said your price range was about $100, but if you feel like putting in an extra $15 I’d try a CLYW Gnarwhal, or Sasquatch depending if you prefer a full sized throw or not. These are both excellent very long spinning, stable yoyo’s, however I’m not a fan of CLYW bearings so I’d suggest an aftermarket bearing.