What yoyo to get

Hi, I’m new to the forums, and a returning yo-yo addict. I have played looping since I was seven years old and now I’m wanting to get into non-responsive yo-yo’s. I have looked at many possibilities mostly from YoyoFactory. Still I am new at string tricks and would like more expert advice on what yo-yo to start out with, please note I do want all metal I like the heft that comes with them.

Prepare for this topic to get moved to the Child Board “looking for help/recommendations”. its hard to see but its underneath this thread. Also expect people to tell you all yoyos perform the same. I recommend the Dark Magic. It was my first (besides the butterfly, brain etc). Look into that or the Velocity. I would personally not get the velocity and move up to the Dark Magic for just a little more money because its THAT much better.

My preferences may not be the same as yours. But I recommend getting a DM2. Alot of people (including myself) like it. It is a little pricy, but it is amazing at grinds and sleeptimes. It is very stable, has a good response system, and is easy to learn tricks on. It also comes with 2 different bearings. One is thinner and heavily lubed for beginners, and the other one is a lightly lubed speed bearing for advanced throwers. So when you are ready to switch to unresponsive play, simply switch the bearings. If you are interested, there is a link in my signature. You can buy one there. But remember, as I said above my preferences might not be the same as yours… What stats do you want your yoyo to have. If you like Heavyish in weight, silicone response, a wide; butterfly shape gap, then this yoyo might be right for you. If not, then keep looking.

Good luck! :wink:

i have been yoyoingfor six months now and i think its safe to say that a protostar/ north star would be very good decisions though a velocity or a dark magic would be good because the dark magic is semi responsive and can help you learn to bind and a velocity would be good becauese you can adjust it to be responsive if your frustrated with unresponsive. but if you can already bind and everything i would suggest the north star or the protostar ( preferably the northstar)

Plastics can be heavier than metals, metals can be floaty. That being said, if you really want a metal, just get something that you think you might like, maybe a fundametal or something. Or you can get a good plastic, like a protostar, northstar, etc. And most people have suggested hybrids, so…