Recommendations?

Hi all,
Im looking to get a ball bearing yoyo that will sleep long enough to allow me to work on String tricks…more advanced tricks. I had the dark magic one but I couldnt get it to sleep longer than 15 seconds even with powerful throws. I would rather not get a beginner yoyo…Any sugestions? Like a Dv888 vs Dark magic 2 vs yomega stuff…thanks!

Where’s Sparhawk when you need him eh?

Pretty much any of these is a solid recommendation. Heck, pretty much ANY unresponsive metal yoyo that’s come out in the past couple of years will more than suffice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And look in to the Yoyofactory Cyborg 2.0 its a great yoyo I love it.

Yoyofactory Czech point is another great one.

1 Like

You can learn any yoyo trick that has been created and execute it smoothly with the Shutter.

1 Like

I would highly recommend a YYF Shutter man. It sleeps long, very easy to handle, and the price is just right imo. I’d get a Shutter over a DV888 any day since the prices are not much of a difference. Plus the gap of the shutter is much bigger, which will come in handy when landing those advance tricks while you practice.

1 Like

While the Shutter is a great yoyo, I don’t love it and definitely feel like it is way overhyped. It sounds like you might like a horizon, it spins forever,it is super stable and solid, and once you move on it is great at horizontal and fingerspins and can go pretty much as fast as you need it to.

1 Like

You know what, I agree with you on this. At first I was going to recommend the Horizon but went with the shutter because the weigh difference. I feel like the shutter just plays a bit more flowy than the Horizon. They’re both great Yo-Yos.

Also the Shutter is much more comfortable in the hands.

1 Like

flowy
dm2

1 Like

Czech Point! Review here:http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php?topic=84711.0

1 Like

Depending on how much you want to spend, I love my onedrop CODE 2. It’s fantastic. I’ve never actually played with any but i notice that the yoyo officer stuff is pretty highly rated and is at a fantastic price point. also, regardless of what anyone says about play or hype or whatever, i know how much i love my shutter. great for finger spins and grinds especially with the finish it has. hope this helped!

1 Like

So…Shutter, or something else? One drop is too expensive…also ball bearing? concave one? Does that show much better sleep times?

Some recommendations are a Magic YoYo (N11, N12, M001, or M002) which aren’t sold here or a Kilter 2 you can find in the store section for $30. Any of those are cheap and will do everything you’re going to need them to do at this stage and more. Then keep the extra money you didn’t spend in mind for a purchase in the future when you have a better opinion of what you may want.

Otherwise I’d recommend a $45 YoYoFactory. You can’t go wrong with any of them, but I’d suggest the Too HOT.

All of these are unresponsive. You’re going to need to develop a reliable bind if you haven’t already.

No check point or 2hot and no bearing I mean the one comes with them are good centre track.