What yoyo to buy in 2019?

Hey all, after some deciding, I’ve decided on ordering through yoyoexpert. I saw some deals you guys put up and some were too good to pass up. So if ya’ll were to decide on a top 2, which would they be. The options are limitless now that I’m going through yye. So far, I’ve seen Edge, Sync, Flank, Shutter WA.

7 Likes

Sync or Recognition, hands down.

4 Likes

Random question, if I were to up my budget to $70, what other options do I have?

2 Likes

It really all depends on what you want. I would be happy buying any of these yoyos, as well as the ones mentioned above. The Marco is the only one that I am somewhat hesitant recommending, at it tends to be hit or miss with some people.

2 Likes

I have both the Dominator and the Grasshopper GTX and I love them both. I feel they play way above their price point. Both represent a fantastic value for your bimetal dollar.

4 Likes

Looking at Shutter Wide Angle, Flank, and Dominator. If I were to go with the shutter, is bi metal the move?

2 Likes

There’s no bimetal Shutter. The rings you’re seeing are simply polished to look like bimetal rings and are only there for aesthetic purposes.

2 Likes

God I can’t decide. They all look so great and I know they’ll all last me years (with lube and mods). Say if I just kept it under 60 with your suggestions, shutter or flank?

4 Likes

If I were in your position, I would definitely go with the Flank. It’s more of a competition yoyo, and it has more rim weight for stability, while still maintaining a relatively light weight of 63.6 grams. However, the Flank may feel a tad bit uncomfortable for those with smaller hands, given its almost 58 mm diameter. Honestly though, there are no wrong answers. I can almost guarantee that you’ll love whatever you choose!

3 Likes

If you are going up to 70 on YYE you should probably get some OneDrop in your life. Check out their selection and choose which ever you see as most appealing. They are of great quality, some of the best.

3 Likes

Haha yeah. My friends and I have been playing Terraria again and I found out the yoyos in that game are actual OD yoyos haha.

4 Likes

Duncan MayheM also falls into that price range. It is machined by One Drop. If you like organics it will not disappoint.

2 Likes

I think I’ll keep under 60 for now haha. Either Flank or Shutter. SHutter I can get on Sunday. Flank, not sure.

What strings do you recommend? I’m assuming nowadays that the stock strings that come with the yoyo works fine?

4 Likes

Hey man! Would you possibly be down to trade the $60 amazon gift card? I could hook ya up with a couple yoyos, I have a mint Shutter and I could toss in another yoyo or two, a couple bearings, and string. I got too many yoyos and shop from amazon more than I should lol

6 Likes

Hey, I really would if it wasn’t already put in :frowning: My birthday was 7/7 so I had already put it in by then. Sorry!

2 Likes

Marco.

nuff said

1 Like

All good! And for my input on a new yoyo, the Shutter is absolutely amazing and you can’t go wrong with it. Honestly, you can’t go wrong with most yoyos these days. Practically every yoyo on the market is a top level performer no matter the price range. If you like a faster moving yoyo, check out the Yoyofactory Aluminum Dream or Unparalleled Abduction. My advice if you can’t decide is to just go by what you like the most, what shape you like or color or design. Either way you’ll be getting an amazingly well performing yoyo. For strings, stock strings do work well and are more than enough, but my favorite go to strings are Monkey Finger Vines. They’re tightly wound, snappy, and last long. Not sure if they’re available on amazon though.

5 Likes

Thanks for the input everyone! I’ve decided on the YYF Shutter WA for now. Once I get back into it and catch up to all of you guys, I’ll consider a One Drop yoyo, and maybe a yoyofriends/topyo/2sick yoyo along the way. I appreciate all of your comments and staying along with me the whole journey. :smiley:

6 Likes

Nice pick! Also if you’re going One Drop, you HAVE to go with the legendary VTWO or if you’re looking for a really fun throw get the Terrarian

2 Likes

I’m a terraria FIEND so you know I’ll go with the Legendary Terrarian when I get there!

2 Likes