What Yoyo Should I Get?

Ok, so I haven’t yoyo’d in 2 years. I was active on the forums here for about a year when I was 14-15, but then I stopped and ended my career. I was an intermediate/advanced player, but I sold ALL of my yoyos when I stopped.

How should I start my new yoyo life???

These sort of questions normally get the same snobby response of “its all up to personal preference”, which is true but not helpful.

So far the brand that I think makes the best yoyo’s is CLYW. I really like the puffin 2- Small in the hand- perfect for chopsticks and slack tricks. I recently picked up an orca and it instantly became my favorite- great all around throw. I believe both of these are in stock as well.

Good luck and have fun!

Ciao.

1 Like

I appreciate any help! Thank you

I agree with Trouthunter, CLYW makes some fantastic products. The puffin 2 is definitely something nice to look at.

If you aren’t interested in spending that much money though, YYF makes yoyos like the Shutter, TOO Hot, Czech point, and Horizon. All very good yoyos for a very good price.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve heard great things about CLYW…I owned all of the YYO’s and some C3’s, but no doubt, “Budget Metal” yoyos are very appealing.

Thank you

I’m def a big clyw fan but it can get pricey. If cost is not an issue, I say clyw is a good choice. Yyf makes amazing throws for awesome prices as mentioned above. I’ve played a few yyo and they are worthy of mentioning. Don’t see why One drop recommended often but they have some sick throws for good prices as well. To be honest, there’s very few yoyos that you won’t enjoy. You may not even like a 140 dollar clyw compared to the shutter that cost 45. Only way to find out is try it yourself. So pick a yoyo that appeals to you, check their stats and shape and go from there. All these companies are making so good stuff so I hardly think you’ll be I satisfied with whatever you go with.

Thank you so much! I have noticed I love heavy undersized yoyos. Their stability lacks occasionally, but I appreciate the smooth long spin times I get from them. The OD Dingo has caught my eye, but to start, I just ordered a Rebellion Butcher.

Thanks so much though, everything I’ve seen from you had brought me that much closer to making a final decision. ;D

Sweet man. Hope you like the butcher. Haven’t tried it myself. Let me know how you like it.

I’ll PM you when I get it this Thursday

I think the butcher is a great choice! I haven’t played one, but if I were going to get a good throw on a budget, that’s the one I would’ve chosen

Aluminium dream and cyborg 2.0 have been my favorites.

Thanks I’ll be sure to look at that