What yoyo did you start on?

Woo-hoo! That looks really nice!!! I wish my apartment was bigger and could do a nice display like that. I think now with so-so yoyos, people kinda make fun of them and don’t value them much but in 20-25 years when they become pretty rare people will share their fond memories of them or re-buy them on ebay out of nostalgia like how guys in their 50’s buy toys from their childhood.

1 Like

I don’t really play much with the Yomegas except the Maverick. I mostly go for my Shutter or Replay Pro but every once in a while it’s fun to throw a brain and wait for it to come back. I love the sound it makes, brings back memories. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hey, I recognize this from Reddit from a couple months back!

That’s me. I’ve had these for a long time. I grew up in Fall River where they made them. When I was a kid, I could go and get bits and pieces to make it look any way I wanted. I had one that was red on one side and green on the other with two brains (only 1 worked). :smiley:

4 Likes

Same yoyo different stamp. Mine just said Duncan Imperial yoyo.

1 Like

Yeah, mine too I think. Memories are hazy when they are forty years old.

1 Like

They were probably 84 string:

They’re from Vietnam and the strings are treated with fabric softener.

1 Like

Quite possible! It didn’t smell like any US-based fabric softener I’ve ever smelled. But it’s strong!

Interesting story actually. I was just into my second week of the university I attended and work at Borders Books back in 2000. Back then when you had to pull some books you had to either send them back to the publisher or throw them out. Well a whole lot of the Klutz yo-yo book with yo-yo we’re pulled and the book got thrown out but they left the yo-yos in the break room first come first serve. I got one and became interested in the hobby. At first it was just that Klutz branded yo-yo I later found out was a rebranded spintastics technic. But at the time I just thought it was a cheap free yo-yo that came with the book so I quickly found a local hobby shop that sold yomegas and spent two years learning on my green Yomega Fireball. Had it for two years and it’s what I learned my first tricks on. Still have both those throws and will have a soft spot for them. The klutz yo-yo looked like this. image

3 Likes

Started on a Playmaxx Proyo II!

ahhah! i was about to get it before i discovered actual real yoyo brands

Still play a couple of those. Like 'em a lot.

2 Likes