What yoyo did you start on?

Nope. Now that’s hard.

Means you know 1a and 5a right?

Yes but let’s not get this thread off track. Don’t want Vega to bomb me.

3 Likes

Fhzis a plastic yo-yo from Duncan?

Yes, they used to be everywhere. Great throw. Uses pads though.

You really earned that money! That shows me how much you wanted that yoyo!!!

2 Likes

I have 1a yo-yos so now I guess I should buy counterweights to learn 5a am I right? And I don’t have pads on anyoff the yo-yos they are weared out

Yes, if you have throws you only need counter weights to throw 5a.

1 Like

I can relate to that, but with socks

Duncan Imperial translucent gold with metal flakes. Loved the smell of that yoyo! Wait, is that weird?

2 Likes

Scented yoyos…a new gimmick. The scent can match the color. They make toilet paper holders that emit a scent when spun so why can’t yoyos be the same? Scented strings anyone?

1 Like

Can you smell what the Yo is throwing! In my best Duane The Rock Johnson voice.

4 Likes

I got a set of string in a poly bag from somewhere (I want to say Vietnam? Thailand?), and those strings had such an exotic faraway land smell when I opened the bag. I don’t mean the plastic smell of poly, I’m honestly telling you it was the smell of a fabric store in a strange place with different soaps, candles, and fragrances in the air.

I just grabbed a few and smelled them again. Fascinating. They still smell like that. It’s like travelling with your nose. I get this same effect from some packages that I open, they smell like the place they came from… not in a bad way!

Not joking here, totally serious!

2 Likes
  1. They still are, at least here
  2. I like pads
1 Like

That was the very first yoyo I had back in the 1970s!

6 Likes

Very, very cool looking!

The brain was my first intro to yoyos but the ones that got serious with were the yoyofactory 401k, Hspin Good and evil 3, and the Yoyo jam Lyyn Fury. I miss all of them lol.

1 Like

All the mentions of the Brain make me really want to get one since it seems something so many people started out with. Isn’t it exactly the same as the Duncan Reflex? I have one of those.

1 Like

Basically the same, clutch yoyo. The brain is a modified shape and I think the reflex is a butterfly or wing, but same concept

1 Like

Everyone posting about Yomega Brain, here’s my collection from late 90s15445744230948286166348126685079

9 Likes