What were your original purchase plans?

:smiley: This sounds like me a few years ago, get back into throwing, and suddenly a collection sprouts up and the wallet hurts. I still have the urge to buy a new throw now and then, but I’ve been pretty good resisting it for a few months now.

Isn’t it just always the way that just when you think you’ve managed to get your willpower in check, a company will release a gorgeous new yoyo that you feel that you just have to buy. This seems to be a repeating pattern for me. ;D

So, about that Markmont Classic… gets out wallet

1 Like

Yes…I was safe until I had to start buying these TPs

I fondly remember Yomega as a child (I didn’t know any better) and used to play with the brain and fireball. My group of friends are all flow artists and being uninterested in their props made me buy a Yomega Maverick last year off amazon for $20. I spun with it for about a month and knew (unlike when I was a kid) that I had grown out of it. I then set off to find out what the majority of throwers recommended for $45 that would bridge between beginner to advanced and last a while (at the time I was thinking I wouldn’t buy another yoyo again for a while) that yo-yo was a Shutter. The moment I threw that Shutter down I knew from then on that my money wasn’t safe from me. Another 5 or 6 purchases later and here I am. A couple of hundred dollars broker but with hundreds of hrs of satisfaction logged with my throws.

Congrats on that self discipline! Mostly. Kinda. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I’ve managed to fight off the demons for now. Was sort of seduced by the Halloween edition Level 6, then died when I first saw the Draupnir, and then died again after finding out its price. Luckily, that brought me back to my senses. I’d been succumbing to yoyo fever in part because I’m… well… obsessed - but also because I was making use of this yoyo obsession to hold off the stress I was feeling from school (it’s a crazy month: I’ve three tests and four major essays).

I’m not good enough to spend on multiple yoyos yet, and I’ve decided that I’ll wait till my skills truly deserve a new throw. For now, my ONEstar and my Shutter are going to be my best friends.

Budget plastic + budget metal = more than enough

…and Red Bull, for all those assignments.

Thanks for sharing your stories guys, I loved them ;D