What was your latest string purchase?

Bought a pack some time back and forgot all about it. I might give this a test on my next restring.

I just throw mine in with my laundry and they still play perfectly after more than half a year of regular use. Markmont Dragons are my favorite string, but my most recent purchase was some Zipline Smoothie. I enjoyed the pack I had tried before and just added some to my cart when buying a yoyo from them.

2 Likes

I see a lot of string in here I use to use…

legitstrings :trophy:

2 Likes

The last few:

A somewhat big order of Badwolfeco slicc goldilocks strings. I now have them on the majority of my (unresponsive) yoyos. They play excellent and wear in just as great. Im going to have to stock up cause they are some of if not the best strings ive ever played.

Zipline/Sochi Alphaline - Was looking forward to these because I love the classic Zipline polys and wanted to try some. I hate this string. Fresh, it feels like a Zipline. 20 minutes later and it knots up as bad or worse than a beat Kitty string. And I even like the feel of a well worn in poly Zipline. I feel like im the only one who feels this way.

YYSL Nitro - It’s like Type X but better. Still kind of new to it though. Get back to me once ive broken it in, but I like it a lot.
edit: forgot I have like medium wear on my Nitro string on my 50/50. It’s great string, have to get some more.

6 Likes

I would totally recommend (landis Johnson) (aka legit yo-yo strings) he makes his strings by hand and the quality is impressive these things last FOREVER. And landis told me that the strings will last about a month each !!! So in my opinion trip wires normal is the way to go at least for me it is :grin: it’s found the perfect balance between normal and thick and is more on the thicker side but by a hair so binds are very snappy and clean with any yo-yo I put this string on. And it’s holds tension very well and cuts through the air with ease especially when your doing slack tricks :wink: and be sure to check him out you won’t regret it :grin:

3 Likes

Most recently received: YYSL Nytro (currently on a CLYW Otter and they seem to like each other)
Most recently ordered: BadWolfCo Slim Slicc (can’t wait to try this on a narrower gap)

3 Likes

BadWolfeCo sliccs. I’ve purchased his strings many times in the past and will continue to purchase them for the foreseeable future. Can’t use any other strings now, they give me string burn compared to this nylon perfection. Regular poly string feels like garbage now.

8 Likes

Just bought some white 100% nylon from @BadWolfeCo yesterday, can’t wait for them to come in!

4 Likes

Not a recent purchase, since they closed up shop. Airetic strings were something special. Badwolfe is a close second though. I’ve bought a lot of strings from them as well.
Has anyone tried mazal top bulk wooly nylon?

7 Likes

YYE type 10.

1 Like

You could probably sell those for 10 bucks a string :rofl: nice collection bro. I have 2 airetics and you’re right, the badwolfeco sliccs really are a very close 2nd. Almost indistinguishable if you handed them to me blind.

2 Likes

Wait a second, I think I’m behind. Did airetic go out of business?

2 Likes

Their rig broke last February sadly

1 Like

yess sirrr, im hyped you like em man :pray:t3: :grin:

2 Likes

thanks for the support man. everything here is accurate. as long as you don’t let the string get destroyed and throw them in the wash once or twice your strings will last up to at least a month.

3 Likes

I got a bag of the Mazeltop wooly nylon a few weeks ago. They’re amazing in a way because they’re even softer than BadwolfCo Slicc, but they’re really really light and have a lot of play (they stretch far, but don’t really bounce back) at least at first. They’re so light that when you try anything with slack you kind of have to whip extra hard to get it to go where you want. This mellows a bit once they’re broken in though and if this is any indication, I don’t think I’ve ever taken them off a throw except once when the string knotted in the middle somehow too tight for me or my wife to undo. Those and BadWolf Sliccs spoil my fingers. Bulk string feels like sandpaper in comparison, but sometimes that’s ok (or at least until I get my Slimms in)…

I actually put a few in with the Pay it forward Qilin/KO when I sent it to @Theycallmecotton a few weeks ago. Chris, did you try those? Wondering how they feel to a more experienced thrower.

7 Likes

Yeah exactly, sandpaper comparatively.

5 Likes

sadly yes, idk know to much about it sense I took a break from throwing for a few months during this but they have stopped selling strings.

4 Likes

Wow, I had no idea. That stinks👎

3 Likes

Yeah I tried one and didn’t particularly like it. It feels amazing but I don’t think it performs that well. It’s SUPER stretchy even after stretching and it’s hard for me to do a lot of my whip tricks with it. Feels super soft though

3 Likes