What was your latest string purchase?

Good day, all.

What was your latest string purchase? Did you like it, hate it, or something in the middle? Please give a reason if you like.

Enjoy your day.

Some Owen Ekblad Kitty

A nice balance thickness between normal and fat.

2 Likes

Got a @BadWolfeCo booster pack, 50/50 slicc/plush, it’s fantastic. Highly recommended. Already placed another order!

7 Likes

I was considering making a purchase. Glad to hear it’s worth it.

1 Like

AlphaLine the good things about Zipline smoothie blend in bulk pricing. I also tried the woolly nylon from Mozeltop and I don’t think I have completely figured out the correct setup for that since it needs to be stretched and rosined.

1 Like

The booster pack only comes in the medium thickness, ‘goldilocks’, and I find it wonderful. The slicc (100% nylon) seems a little too thick at first, but being slippery nylon it’s fantastic. Works great in my narrower gap throws and ones I usually use thinner string on.

3 Likes

I’ll probably end up getting the Goldilocks then, medium is usually my preference. Thanks for the overview

3 Likes

I actually had 3 10 packs and 4 months later order another 5. Best nylon I ever used and the main selling point, for me, is the amazing color ways. Been mad into the game prey lately and webslinger reminded me of the box art for the ost.

5 Likes

Off topic, but I love Prey. It’s such a good game.

2 Likes

It takes a while to get them since they’re made to order, but yes fantastic string.

4 Likes

Worth the wait and money is very positive feedback. I’m sold.

3 Likes

Don’t forget he also does custom orders.

5 Likes

My last was another good batch of Zipline strings!

Got a few packs of Skyline IIIs (my absolute favorite)
And got to try the new Alphaline and not so new Executive Class, both of which were rather nice!

I’ll be adding both of those to my next order.

Executive Class really fills that void of I want a slightly slimmer string for this tight gap, but I still want the same feel as the Skyline III.

And Alphaline just felt nice, also much slimmer than my usual go to.

4 Likes

I like using Alphaline string myself. Along with what you mentioned it seem to have a good durability.

2 Likes

Markmont Cumulus Foam. Easily my favorite string and they last indefinitely (with washing). I’m curious to try YoyoStringLab’s new Nytro (regular plus unreleased thick).

7 Likes

Yoyo String Lab Nytro. I love them. Perfect thickness, awesome feel on the hands, no snagging but grippy binds, nice whips and slacks, keeps tension very well and lasts forever. I used my first set for 6 weeks now, i washed them once and they´re still good.

7 Likes

I have heard that some people wash their sting. Is this done in a washing machine with detergent or with some other method? Would this change the characteristics of the string in any way (besides cleaning it)?

1 Like

Some @BadWolfeCo Goldilocks Plushh! Highly recommend.

2 Likes

Monkey finger vines, they are really great strings!

4 Likes

A drop of dish soap and warm water works fine.
You should not use products containing softener or lotion. They can make the string smeary.

1 Like