What trick you working on

So everyone, i would like to know what trick youve been working on and give it a hard rating out of 10.

What’s the rating based on?

The title on the YouTube video is
“ 2 Step Easy Hook - Slow Motion Yoyo tutorial #2
It is listed under David YoYos.
I am having trouble getting the thumb hook clean…. have not even gotten to the slack whip finishing move. This look so slick and mesmerizing. I have to get it down smooth!
I will be using this trick a lot when I get it down. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

When I was younger I never touched slack besides plastic whip and suicide. I probably thought of it as frustrating or not as satisfying to land at the time. Now that I’m back I realize I am missing a key element for combos and progress. I’m starting to understand what I need to do more but have to get my movements down. I try to see the string as another tool rather than just what the yoyo is attached to.

Difficulty: 8/10
10/10 with rice

2 Likes

Currently working on titanium chopsticks. Not sure how to rank the whole difficultly thing since I’m sure some people will never learn it and others have it down pat.

3 Likes

This is one of few tricks I set out to learn and did it! I believe in you!

(I also have big ol’ hands so I’m sure it would be harder with regular sized hands. Also mine is NOT smooth, so I should probably consider myself ‘still working on it’ lol.)

1 Like

The second chopstick mount after you double on the under mount is giving me issues but it’s fun so far.

1 Like

My one is a speed combo involving two regens and basic yet fast trick, 5/10 hard rating.

2.0 hook

2 Likes

Fingerspins and recovery, Eli Hops and that whip to green triangle that Dylan Kowalski tutes in one of his vids.

All the tricks I’m working on are a 10 for difficulty because they’re impossible at this time. After I learn them I can offer a better idea of how hard they are. :smiley:

Ivan

2 Likes

Horizontal cross arm hop 10/10

Been spending a lot of time trying to clean up Yuuki Slack, Follow, and Seasick. They’re all pretty simple in theory, but take A LOT of practice to be efficient at. Difficulty 9/10.

I’m trying to get at least one 2.0 hook I have mastered my 1.0 and 1.5 hook but I just can’t seem to get a 2.0 if anyone has anyone has any tips and advice that would be very helpful I will make a topic for this but anyway I would give it a 8.5 /10 because I know it’s possible to land :+1:t2:

1 Like