What trick are you working on?

These are nice. Great job Twitch.

2 Likes

Thanks guys :slight_smile: :heart:

4 Likes

I oughtta start filming my progress as well

3 Likes

I agree! :smiley: I use to film myself weekly there for a bit…but then I got lazy haha.
Still it’s a lot of fun and adds more to the hobby for me. And it’s really cool to go back to some of my older videos and to see myself struggling really hard with stuff that is super simple to me now. It’s a nice boost to see that I am making progress even though I think it’s super slow.

You don’t have to share the videos with anyone. Just use them for your own personal use.
Or if you’re struggling with a trick, you can post it online and ask if anyone can see what you’re doing wrong an offer advice.
Or share just the best tricks you can land with everyone :D.

I’m pretty self conscious about my weight…but these forums are the first time I’ve ever shown myself in a video, and now I’m not so worried about it anymore! lol

It can just add a lot to the hobby and can be really fun! :smiley:

If you need some video editing software, I highly recommend checking out Divinci Resolve. It’s pro level software that’s legitimately free. There’s lots of videos on it on youtube.

www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

Sorry for the long reply.

3 Likes

Hit my first few Revolutions tonight!
I figured out that if I turn my body into the trick…it makes things a whole lot easier!
The outside of my arm hurts from the few times I whacked myself. haha >.<’

Now I gotta figure out a combo to use this trick in :smiley:

3 Likes

I think I know what’s happening. Pull your hands apart to pop the yoyo up and almost immediately bring them back together to cause some string slack so the yoyo can travel upwards. If you don’t bring your hands together the yoyo will do as you describe.

4 Likes

okay will try this tonight :slight_smile:
Thank you!

2 Likes

Can you do kwijibo? You can start with revolutions and catch the slack cross armed (where youd be after the first pop) and then finish kwijibo from there. Or do the first pop and then some revolutions before finishing the trixk.

4 Likes

I actually made an IG account just for yoyo and film myself to dump my progress. But I always forget to film myself doing the tricks! Lol.
I did upload a 1.5 hook but thats it.
Currently im still working on landing the last hop on spirit bomb and beefhook. But those are tricks i dont expect to perfect instantly so they are a couple i just try every now and than to make some attempts.

3 Likes

Can you guys give me some tips for Kwyjibo??

I am currently trying to learn two trick, the green triangle and the kwyjibo.

Green triangle I am very stop start, and not good at but I think it’s just a case of practicing since I can do it, just not very well.

For Kwyjibo, I can normally land the first pop from trapeze to 1.5 mount. But when I try to go from there and pop to double or nothing I always land on multiple or all the strings. How can I have string separation so that I land just on the outside string. Is there a golden tip or should I just keep practicing until I get it?

Video below, excuse the poor level of execution.

@twitch77

3 Likes

Nice man!!

Something that really helps me on Kwyjibo is that after the first pop and your hands are crossed…move them further away from each other before moving into the second pop. I don’t know exactly why, but it makes it a lot easier for me to catch when I do this.

2 Likes

Thanks @twitch77 I will give that a go.
Your Kwyjibo is really nice. Want to try and have it in my combo too

2 Likes

I’ve been pretty much caught on the basics. Making sure I have them down without fail before moving on. Still can’t seem to get a UFO!!! That’ll probably be my project over the next couple days.

2 Likes

Keep it up!
I’m a beginner too and it takes time to learn a new trick.

I think on one of Brandon Vu’s video he said something like how it takes him a month to master a new trick too. I think it’s easy to think expert players learn tricks just like that but what you actually see is the end result to hours of practice before reaching that point. I think it’s normal it takes a while to learn each new trick whether that is us beginners learning basic tricks or a more experienced player learning more complicated tricks.

2 Likes

I am going through the trick list with the Petri! It really makes you throw a little more precisely. Kwijibo is a bit tougher with it for sure.

3 Likes

Pop-n-fresh is too! However it is very rewarding when your landing stuff with it. But it sure can be frustrating.

2 Likes

But can you walk the dog with a Petri?

2 Likes

:joy: Truth

2 Likes

In all seriousness thought. The Petri may not be the best and it’s kinda expensive. However I would suggest everyone work with a slimline yoyo. It makes you slow down and really concentrate.

2 Likes

I am a beginner and I actually have started a thread earlier today asking for recommendations for a decent responsive yoyo, so that I can go back to tricks I learnt and groove it and practice making it smoother, maintaining string tension throughout etc.

I am currently looking at Neo by ThrowRevolution (First Base is all sold out) and also asked about a Alleycat 650B (as I see one on the BST for UK group for £25).

Would it be beneficial for me to try using a slimline like this or at my current level the frustration is not worth it and something to revisit later in the future once I have more basics down. I do struggle with plane management.

I was trying to learn eli-hops last night and I miss half the time on the catch, and I noticed that all my misses are on the inside, suggesting that I don’t keep my throw hand out far enough (or my NTH is too far out).

1 Like