What trick are you working on?

I’m working on hooks, double laceration, and a small combo

I know rancid milk, and whut, all except for superman of the master level tricks. But I find them so boring.
I am working on this

It is so different than most cabin tut tricks I know

Started McBride’s Roller Coaster yesterday.

Very nice, this trick is a pretty fun trick, that I sometimes forget to even practice it after I Learned it.

1 Like

Playing with my combo, I’m at the point of “I’m not sure what I want to do yet” and “I want to incorporate this move but I can’t do it well” and “I’ll settle for this move instead because it’s easier” kind of things. Gotta love the birth of a combo…and yes you will all see this in the making real soon!

Working on Kamikaze, though my Magic Drop skills are rather poor. I figured I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. Mean time, I’m working on the 3 variations of getting into the Kamikaze mount, best being the whip catch after holding a trapeze. The hardest variation is whipping whilst doing a trapeze simultaneously, which I can’t do…at all.

Here’s my K-mount via whip (second variation, in terms of difficulty). I can do this version more consistently than I can from Houdini mount actually…not sure why :slight_smile:

I’m working on kamikaze and magic drop. Having trouble landing on the back string like I need to for magic drop…

Messing around today and thought it would be cool to land on a string between TH thumb and index (thinking its chop sticks or something similar?) and then some ways out. So practicing some of those made up tricks(at least ones that I didn’t learn by watching) that I can extend

Oh, and snap start. Pretty much consistent except ocasionally throwing a sleeper after for tighter bind. So almost there with that.

I don’t think you ever need to stop doing that. I always… ALWAYS do another quick throw and bind after a snap start.

Lotus Bloom and a little combo im making called “Seven Swell” :smiley:

I typically also do a normal throw after a snap start so I can get a nice tight bind for the next real throw.

So today I was working on Magic Drop as that’s the current roadblock for finishing Kamikaze. Here’s the thing. I can get the string rejection to happen 90% of the time, it’s all hand placement and how you swing the yoyo over. What I can’t get to happen is to land on the front or the back string consistently. Most of the time I land on both. I can’t seem to figure out how to open up the strings some so I can try to land on just one of them.

Hopefully those of you who can do a MD rather well can give some feedback.

Can’t you just use your NTH lower fingers (not the index) to hook the bottom string and make it even more backwards for more separation and a cleaner landing?

I don’t actually MD that much, but that’s what I do when I’m working the MD or throwing Superman.

I have a really crazy way of doing Magic Drop with my throwhand pointer pointed downward at something like a 45 degree angle. It works good for me, but I’ll try to keep the tips more traditional.

In my experience, making the rejection is the easy part compared to landing on the inner string. Some things you can try and kind of play around with and see if they’ll work for you are:

Try turning your NTH pointer outward a bit to make a bigger gap between the strings.

Push your NTH a tad forward when the yoyo is in the air to make the inner string be the natural place where the yoyo would land.

I’ve seen people use their thumb or middle finger to manually separate the strings. That might work for a little while, but it’s sort of like training wheels.

Keep your throwhand still. Resist the urge to direct the yoyo with your throwhand. That will most often lead to a missed rejection or landing on double strings. NTH should be doing all the work.

Working on stop n go dat triangle. Can’t get it to bind. Not sure if I’m doing this wrong or just suck.

I’m working on kamikaze and magic drop. But the whole thing is stressing me out, which is something I really don’t need.

That magic drop is a pain. Either landing on 2 strings or none. The trick is quite a roadblock.

Kamikaze

That’s what Im trying to learn now. Aaahhfgg pain in brain if you don’t know magic drop yet.

Here is a tutorial for all the people having trouble with magic drop/kamikaze :smiley:

We have all been there, don’t sweat it ;). I didn’t learn the trick in till four months after first attempting it because i gave up and couldn’t get it to reject.

Good luck :smiley:

Currently trying to get 100% through a Kamikaze. I am 50% there. Im trying to lock down the first half before moving to the next couple parts of the trick. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: