What trick are you working on?

I recently got hooked on sky binds. Trick is to keep the yoyo aligned with the string and get it so that the string gets into the groove of the yoyo so it will smoothly land back in your palm.

Not sure what it’s called.

Sky bind is my go-to for sure.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyCb6L8h06g)

Note that I do NOT do the same thing with my non-throwhand that Kyle does. I got pretty insane string burn doing it that way. Now, I reach around the front with my full hand and fingers curled. I’m sure I’ve done it in pretty much all of my videos… here’s one grabbed at random:

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2foKXIGbP-A)

There’s another one where you start off doing a normal sidestyle bind, but then you huck it in the air and it binds and returns to your hand.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqhGZcHw9vY)

Working on my first personalized trick/combo (whatever you want to call it, lol) but would rather wait til I have this trick/combo down and smooth before I show it off to you all! It’s got some simple but fun elements, and it consists more of trapeze, matrix, and kwijibo :slight_smile:

I’m working on what I believe would qualify as a combo probably… So that’s what I’m doing.

Hook

Nice I’d like to see this, love Guy Wright and towers.

Should be the first trick in my next video.

Not really working on this since I already know this trick well…it’s a fun one and I couldn’t resist the opportunity today as I was actually in front of the thing this yoyo trick portrays…and yes my friend accidentally video bombed me :slight_smile:

If you haven’t learned Gondola, I’d learn it. It’s a crowd pleaser type trick.

The zipper. I’m a noob so I’m having some problems withy he the top part.

Are you using your thumb or just fingers? Fingers require a bit more finesse when transferring the string around. I usually just use my thumb. :wink:

A routine for when I go to Canadian Nationals in October.

Zipper requires using index finger and thumb. It took me a bit to figure out that top part. I then realized that you want to use your thumb on the low end of the Zipper and transfer to your thumb on the top part of the Zipper.

“Requires” is not correct. But it is facilitated by thumb and forefinger.

I use my index and middle. :-\ lol

I guess as long as my fingers are shooting out too obviously I should be alright.

Exactly. As long as the string is transitioning smoothly, it doesn’t matter. You’ve learned it in what I consider the “harder” way, but all the power to you. :slight_smile:

These past few days have been those kinds of days where I more or less strayed away from focusing on a specific trick, and have just been playing with combos, using parts of tricks…like, I’d go from a Trapeze to a single Eli Hop, then as soon as I’d land, I’d do an “Undercut” to a Brother (an element from Black Hops)…then would hop from a Brother to 1.5 mount (Think And Whut) where I’d do various elements to get back to Trapeze…just tinkering with what I feel has the best flow…I guess you can say…freestyling?

^^ that’s what I do all the time, tinkering with elements from different tricks, to form a combo. Been working on a Tal Mordoch and Ahmad Kharisma inspired combo ;D

-Deleted-

While messing around with some combos, notice my yoyo rejected at random on certain tricks from careless and lazy technique(tired today) so i decided to try magic drop again. Don’t know why but its rejecting almost every time. So happy that this is some how easy all of a sudden.