What trick are you working on?

that is always good. I do that too. From time to time.

white buddha

Ninja Vanish (landed a few), Paradox, and messing around with several combos.

New combo.

Practicing magic trick to cheese whip to spirit bomb. Figured out a helpful tip to spirit bomb that opens the triangle. Can nail this pretty much 90% now. Thanks for the guys that helped me with this combo.

I’m back to focusing on Spirit Bomb again, finally getting a nice big triangle to land through! Also working on and getting more consistent with Ninja Vanish.

Polishing up spirit bomb and working on Brent stole. Got 4/5 attempts a couple hours ago after 5 minutes of trying this trick out. Strings getting ratty so gonna practice some more later with a new string.

Update: forgot to change string. Decided to practice it anyways. Pretty good results. Nailing BS a bunch of times. Made adjustments to my whip and now I can basically do it on command. Landing it 8 or 9 times out of 10. Happy this trick wasn’t too difficult.

Few pages back (and several weeks back) I was sharing my adventures with Spirit Bomb. It seemed like out of nowhere yesterday everything was working perfect…the first hop, second hop, and landing through that triangle. After I fully smoothly landed the trick the first time I initially thought to myself “fluke…and I didn’t catch it on video to show the guys at YYE…” I tried it again and again and landed it again and again. Since I knew it was not a fluke as I did it 2 more times I decided I was ready to record this milestone for me.

Landed several more throughout the day after this shot, when the wind wasn’t blowing my yoyo off course, did a few more today as well, the trick is definitely here to stay!

Doing great, AG. You’re nailing it without the need to intersect the strings in such a way that your triangle is huge. :wink:

nice work. Seems like your getting smoother at it too. I’ll have to film tomorrow. I’m having very little issue now making a nice big triangle. Don’t know what it is that I changed exactly but the triangle is almost always near my NTH finger.

Got some practice on film finally. Much harder when your on the spot but not too bad.

Here’s the spirit bomb ive been practicing
[flash=]http://http://youtu.be/bcbaEh1VVdo

And the brent stole I just learned yesterday. Wasnt as consistent as last night but wasn’t too shabby. Maybe the breeze effected it. I’m gonna go with that.

Critiques would be great. Also, how do you embed videos?

^Nice work!

Now working on Wrist Whips and Slack Trapeze…tricks I passed by in favor of wanting to learn some long string tricks (Spirit Bomb). Slack Trapeze is working out great, Wrist Whip…need to practice that motion, almost like a sideways Plastic Whip.

I’m trying to improve my 5A game. Going through Miggy and Jake Elliot’s tuts and realizied I never got through tons of them.

Also just realized these past 2 months that these 2 years I’ve been throwing I’ve been learning tons of other peoples’ tricks but not making much of my own combos. I’ve decided to try at least getting my 1A game better so I can get around to finally making my first video haha

Today was kind of a chill day, picking up some loose ends, tricks I can do but ones I’m not that good at. Just about perfected Slack Trapeze within a day’s practice. Ninja Vanish is becoming more consistent. I decided to video myself doing pretty much all the slack-based tricks I know earlier this afternoon when the winds died down. Slack and wind = no bueno. Oh, and more Spirit Bomb practice, my landing is definitely NOT a fluke, seems like it will be here to stay!

With all of this said, ever gave your yoyo a “High 5”? If not, you should. They deserve a High 5 every once in a while :slight_smile:

Virginia Beach Classic Freestyle. Choreographing currently.

Split bottom mount. Barrel rolls, then reverse that motion to do a reverse barrel roll, until your back into your split bottom mount again.

Working in kwyjibo. For some reason having a hard time getting this smooth.

I have actually gotten really smooth with kwijibo. Been doin alot of double or nothings than hopping all the way to a trapeze. And from there do the Kwijibo. Land back into your double or nothing and repeat. Lol no I’m kidding. Don’t have to repeat. Just roll out in the end. And it still looks good. I’ll upload a video later of me doing it.

Trying to learn something new…Lotus Bloom, anything…but keep missing at just about everything, really getting annoying as I feel like I should be starting to learn some of these longer string tricks yet I can’t grasp what is even happening on these videos…pretty discouraging if you ask me, feeling like I should just go back and relearn the sleeper at this rate.

…well at least I was able to do part 1 of White Buddha and Part 1 and a couple of steps in Part 2 of Superman…and my Spirit Bombs are getting much more consistent.

Today brought me the Sky Bind, a fun alternative to my typical normal bind I always do.