What trick are you working on?

cold fusion

Working on getting Shuriken Laceration (yes the one from the top) and 1.5 shuriken laceration

Ricardo fraolini’s upside down finger spin thingy. I’m so close!!

Gyro Flop

hint: dont ever let the string touch the yoyo gap wall.

1 Like

hint 2: the tutorials don’t make it clear that you need to angle your strings a bit. They make it seem like you just pull out to the side. If you do that, you’ll flop but it’s unpredictable which way and when or when you lose it. But if you angle the strings just a little bit, you get instant consistency.

When you see in videos that they’re looking into the gap and “chasing” the flop, it’s because they’re working to keep the angled strings at relatively the same angle throughout so that it flops evenly and steadily.

Might seem “obvious” for some people (or you might have a different tutorial) but it took me months to figure out why my flops weren’t good like other people’s. :wink:

1 Like

Need some advice in the gt laceration

Galactic butthair and Rancid Milk (yikes these tricks sound harsh)

starting “your other left” (http://youtu.be/azmj-cvZDMU) and smoothing out the lotus bloom

wow
*adds 2 more seconds to my wrist mount speed combo

Practice your loop whip first, then when you get that down go for the trick. Key hint is to wait to thrust your throw hand forward like they tell you in the tutorials untill you feel the whip loop touch the TH string.
So it goes like this…
Whip
Feel loop touch other string
Quickly thrust TH string forward, but only forward to yoyo gap.

I’m a lefty thrower so is there anyway easier for me to learn tricks?

If you download the youtube videos with a flash video downloader add-on in FireFox, you can then watch them with VLC Media Player with geometry effects so that it will display a right handed thrower as a left handed thrower. You can also loop the video, or slow it down/speed up with the + and - keys on your keyboard.

So many brilliant tricks…
I’ll work on the first combo, that chopsticks repeater looks tough

Slack combo

A consistent bee sting and butterfly

Ann connoly’s magic trick.

Great trick that people love!

Also along the same lines is this one:

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8d4m-8i-_4)

1 Like

Yeah, but for some reason I can’t make it work…