What trick are you working on?

Cool! I will learn those!

Probable points of failure

1. You’re forgetting to curl your finger in before hopping the yoyo off
  2. You need to hop forward then around (between the formation and your body), not the other way around. And re-land on the WHOLE formation.
  3. After landing back on, do the underpassy-thing counter-clockwise (as a right-handed person) and then do the forefinger untwist in the correct direction also!

There are a LOT of opportunities to just do something in the wrong direction. You’re probably just doing one or more of them backwards.

If in doubt, just step through the video piece by piece.

1 Like

Working on making Triple Magic look smooth. Fun trick!

I been working on yellow airplanes. Anyone got some advice for the slack part after the first kamikaze mount?

Also, I need some help with magic drop. Yeah, I can’t get the stringvg to reject no problem, 100%, but I just can’t figure out how to get it to land on the back string (closest to the body) when I want. I always just seems to land on both strings at the same time. Any good advice on how to get this to work more In my favor everytime? I’ve watched multiple vids and just can’t get it. Thanks!

I’m working on a couple new tricks at the moment. We’ll see how I feel about them when I feel they’re done.

flip your NTH to split the strings?..

You mean have my NTH palm up instead of Palm down when swinging from the trapeze?

I’m stuck on boing e boing give me some tips

1. Do not try to start the boing after getting into position like André’s tutorial. It might work for some people, but if it’s not working for you try this instead: learn that rolling into position is your first boing and that you should use that momentum. Starting from being still never worked for me.

2. Since you’re already using that momentum, try “just going for it” a few times. Don’t worry about whether you’re hitting the strings or not, just do some vigorous “up/down”… this will help you get a glimpse of how it’s supposed to work, even when you’re not hitting the trick. During that mess of the yoyo going in unexpected directions, you MAY have an “aha!” moment when you understand the motion.

3. Think of the up/down not as a pair of equal movements, but as just one movement: The UP is the “trigger” for the boing, and the down just allows you to reset for another trigger pull. Then you need to recognize that you need to “pull the trigger” for EACH direction. Pull up to send it forward and then “reset” it as it’s going outward. Then when it’s time for the direction change, you Pull up (the trigger) to send it backwards. Then reset as it’s going backwards, getting ready to pull the trigger for going forwards again.

Thx that helps a lot

0:56-57 I keep getting a snag

Already done with the rest of this trick, but having to use a different entry is still phailin’

Amazing you can learn so many of his tricks…
I learn part of them then rage quit

Whereas I look and go, “I can’t even…” and then never bother. So I don’t get the rages. :wink:

Genious…
Saves time and rage…

If failing caused me to rage, I’d rarely stop!

Failure is my tutor.

Working on 720 lasso currently with lots of fails, getting closer though.

Got any tips for single lasso? Hey, I’ve been working on the Chia 1.5 rejection again thanks to your tutorial btw. Finally got it consistent to do as a semi-repeater. :smiley:

1 Like

For a simple lasso, find first where the widest point of your loop normally falls at (with me it s immediately in front of my NTH), pop the yoyo up in that exact direction, then as soon as you catch the loop draw it back towards the yoyo.

1 Like

Awesome! That trick feels like magic to me.

Well, it turns out that the way I do it makes it harder to land the 720 so I’m in the middle of changing my technique. My previous technique relied on too much assistance from my left land in creating the loop, sorta nutty timing, and a rhythm established first in my mind at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrNACxQ14Sk

Here is the way I’m learning now for the 720 lasso which actually seems easier, but I already have a bad habit so it is messing me up with my regular lassos now. Now I can’t land the inverse (cross arm) lasso now unless I don’t look. Pfffffft.

So I thought this could be an easy trick to end the day with but I couldnt have been more wrong. The final step could easily make top 3 hardest tricks I ve ever attempted (excluding Chris Chias stuff of course).

While I have not thrown a yoyo in 3 days, I have pretty much memorized everything I need in order to do the Creepin GT as taught by Charles Haycock. I’ve watched it on repeat and practiced it in my head a whole mess of times already.