what to get

i got the dark magic and ive been working with it for a while and im looking to get another yoyo.
what u think would be good to get i just want one that sleeps for a while and is smooth so i can practice tricks

I would recommend a Hitman or an X-convict. I have them both and I love them. Good spin times, smooth, and fun to play (IMO).

Get a lyn fury or kickside. Heard they’re both nice and smooth and from your guidelines fit perfectly. :stuck_out_tongue: But seriously, if you’re going to give guidelines, try to give much more detailed ones. You can answer the questions Samad came up with.

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. Does color matter?
  6. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
  7. What is your price range?
  8. What is your skill level?

Could you please answer this list of questions so we can help you choose a yoyo that we think fits you?

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
  2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Rounded , Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
  3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-ring , Hybrid, Pad, etc)
  4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
  5. Does color matter?
  6. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
  7. What is your price range?
  8. What is your skill level?

Ha Mage, good job. Next time though, try to read the post above you. :stuck_out_tongue:

He already has a Dark Magic,why get a lyn fury or kickside?

He just said “one that sleeps for a while and is smooth so i can practice tricks” which many yoyos fit so I picked the first few that came to mind that fit that description.

I did. I forgot to edit that. I don’t think its important now that it has passed.

Agreed.

Back to topic, bubbly when you answer those questions we can help you figure out what yoyo you might want. :smiley:

well all that stuff i really dont care to much about i just want one that is smooth and sleeps for a long time so i dont always have to bring it up when i mess up on a trick or trying to learn it

Well with that information,we can’t give you much suggestions.If we do,you might not get a yoyo you will like.

Well, just about any yoyo will work for that. Some people use Lyn Fury’s regularly because that’s all they need. A major factor in sleeping is your throw. But anyway, if you’re just looking for a suggestion I have to say the L3 or M1. I have also heard good things about almost all the YYF yoyos.

I do agree with gm though. with such little information, many many yoyos will fit that category, even the Lyn Fury and Kickside like I said before. If you want a good suggestiong we really need more information.

give us more info like gm user said, so far the dv888 i think is great but is different in size, shape, and material, and just about everything else. i would recomend it because you could hav 2 yos that are different in stead of simalar. such as get a xvict and a dna instead of a xvict and a hitman. :slight_smile:

dv888

1. material…metal

2. sleep time…like super long! :o

3. smoothness…like butter

4. arm/palm grinds…like MELTED BUTTER!!! :o :o

5. thumb grinds…forever!

6. anidise…the bestest EVUR!!! :o

7. stableness…awsome!!!

8. shape (personal preferance)…BEST!!! (like xvict but with flat rims)

9. overall… 9.5 out of 10. luv the price, the metal, and the every thing!

10. size (personal preferance)…BEST!!! (undersized) (little bit more than xvict)

hope this helps, james!!! ;)

i get what u guys are saying taht u need more info but like size and all that stuff really dont bother me. i have kickside and dm kickside was ok at start and i like dm but just wanting one that sleeps longer. i was looking at the 888 but im not sure atm

A 888 is good but if you want a a cheaper yoyo go with the Project 2 that’s coming out in the first week of June. From what I heard its like SUPER smooth, has amazing grinds, and sleeps for a really long time because its heavy around the rims. It’s $90 for it so it’s $30 less than the 888. I think it would be easier to do a thumb grind on it also because the 888 had hubstacks that might get in the way. The shape of the P2 is rounded but the rims are flat and have a about 5 degree angle.

well honestly if it sleeps for a while and i can do tricks. whatever i have to get to stop it from hitting sides of yoyo cause thats the problem i have with my dm. but other than that it dont matter

Once again, make sure your throw is good because once it is it should matter a whole lot but from what I’ve gathered you just want any metal yoyo.

iv got a x-convict and i woz looking for a new yoyo aswell. i ordered a YYF DNA and it arrived yesterday. it is awesome. it sleeps for years and is really good for doing tricks coz its quite wide but it also comes with another bearing so you can make the gap smaller if you wish.
personally, i would suggest getting a DNA. that way you dont have 2 yoyos that are quite similar.

hope this helps

I’d get a Plastic Grind Machine. They are very good yoyos, and when you are bored, you can use the stacks. If you ever get into 5A, they are amazing! Overall, the Plastic Grind Machine is good. :slight_smile:

ok so if u say it dont depend on yoyo for sleep time what do i need to stop it from slowing down when i start doing tricks it like hits the sides