What throw would you select for a competition ?

Solid plan, bro. I’d like to see a video of that Flea-A.

But if your competing you would wan’t an A grade wouldn’t you? It plays the same but smoother. Btw it makes no sense to have a different yoyo as your spare.
[/quote]
Why should using B-grade matter? If your comfortable using B-grade use it. Yeah production runs are really good, but when it comes to competing use what your comforable with.

OD 54 with a SPYY punchline as a backup

Protostar and PHENOMizm 24K. That’s it.

Well, out of what I got, I wouldn’t really consider anything contest material for me. If I can get a hold of some ILYY Fury’s, those would be it

At the moment, the best I’ve got is an Oxy Ozone (which isn’t to say it doesn’t perform incredibly, it does.) I just ordered a Chief, so in about 3-4 days it’ll be that.

But really, I’d probably borrow someone else’s better performing throw, people don’t usually have a problem with it, and I actually did borrow Benji’s Chief on-stage for the last 2 competitions I’ve been to.

Out of MY collection? Well I have tried for a while to only get yoyos that are competition worthy or are rare so out of my yoyos my top five would be

sleipnir
chief
code2
skywalker
hand candy

(not really in any order but the hand candy is definitly my favorite mid to undersized model and the only mid or undersize I would compete with)

My Gnarwhal and my Supernova are my go-to competition throws.

code 2

La Goutte for 1a no questions asked and DarkSonic for 5a

I’m never going to compete.

It’s tough because I have to approach this from a point of view of buying MORE to have a competition set. As much as I like my DM2, it’s not the one I would compete with as my primary. This may sound odd as I have 2 already(blue and clear) and want to get a black, red and white one as well.

I recently got a SPYY Solaris. That I would like to compete with, but I would disqualify that because it’s hard to get them these days.

Then I could move to CLYW. The Ava or the Chief. The Chief is my favorite, but its not readily available as I can’t keep up with the buying frenzy and I would have to really restrict myself. Avalanches are more readily available, but alas, not as available as I’d want.

So, I’d have to move over to One Drop. For now, Code 1 all the way. I have paid for a Burnside and Code 2 and I’m waiting to receive them. Note: there are no issues between myself and the seller, another item is being added before the whole thing ships, and then it makes sense to ship. Anyhow, until those arrive, Code 1, and those are fairly easy to get. However, side effects might be an issue, assuming I want something other the ultralights that come stock in it.

Even so, One Drop flies off the shelf and can be hard to keep in stock due to the new model madness issues that both One Drop and CLYW have. That means I need to look elsewhere.

What’s left? Well, I really like the YYJ Phenom and my plans include buying 2 more. I’ll be in contact with management here about getting exactly what i want.

But, Phenoms are pricy. Then again, the good stuff is, and I do find I do get what I pay for.

So, I’m not done yet.

The G Squared Albatross. Reasonably priced, amazing performance. Currently, it seems the yoyo community hasn’t exactly bounced on this item, and that’s good for someone like me who DID and already has one. This means if I go this route, I can get them. Yeah, I’d feel comfortable competing with this.

The Square Wheels Royale should NOT be overlooked at all. I really enjoy this yoyo a lot. I got one for evaluation purposes and it’s not going back. I am sorry my review is late but I’ve been slammed. This is an amazing bit of metal that is a serious piece of performance hardware.

Another one I might consider:
ILYY Void. Just recently got one. Like it.

So, Phenom would be first for now. Then it’s a toss-up between the Albatross and Royale. That’s where I’m at right now.

Right now my FG Avalanche. I have a chief coming in the mail. Maybe that depending on how it plays.

I would love to use flying huts but I don’t think I’ll be getting another one any time soon.

1a: Superstar- my favorite throw when you perform
2a: loop 900’s- best loopers IMO
5a: Supernova- really good at 5a

My protostars or maybe my MasterGalaxy.

1A Master galaxy.
2A loop 900’s
4A Crucial Milkshake
5A Supernova

I haven’t competed yet, but if iI could have any yoyos to compete with it would be these.

as I’m not good enough yet, I’d go (and already went) with what I’d call reliable throws

throws that are stable and long spinning in any situation

Genesis, Code 1

I could use a few throws with excellent performance but a tad bit more of “personality”

La goutte by X3 or H5 by C3

once I’ll be good enough, I’ll probably use gorgeous looking collectors, acrylic stuff etc…

Chief, hands down.

Too bad I only have one.

Avalanche or an 09 SEVERE for 5a.

when I get an ILYY Eins, i will use that a lot…Otherwise:

DV888 or 3yo3 Volume for 1A
Fiesta or Free agent for 4a

1. YoyoMonster - Quickmate
  2. Turning Point Positron
  3. CLYW Chief
  4. YYR Sleipnir
  5. CLYW Canvas