what team would you choose

The best way to be said :slight_smile:

trololol no one understood my joke.

Haha, Samad! Either SPYY or YYF

There is a greater chance of me making a team called “The People Who Don’t Want to be on a Team” Team or the PWDWT Team, than me wanting or getting on a team. :stuck_out_tongue:

genyo

General-Yo or CLYW.

Although flying solo is the best.

thats messed up

YA! see, this guys got the right idea

actually im going with duncan

YoYoSkills.com Journalism team…

Oh,
And Team Pineapple

Me Tooo :wink:

Why would you not? Aren’t you on genralyo?

And, I would join team YYJ

To all that say that they dont want a tean and rather independent. What would you do if a manufacturer ask you to join their team?
a simple ‘no’?

and, samad. .

I catch that. . .

man, then I am on a team, team yoyo-france woot !

wait…

• huge amount work to do that nobody notices: check
  • people know about me: check (hard to ignore tho)
  • sometimes I feel like giving up but I have to suck it up and keep grinding: check
  • no salary, more like money flying out of my pocket: check
  • travel in foreign countries with negative bank account (see you at EYYM, feel free to offer a beer or any other beverage): check
  • free throws every now and then: check
  • in the end, having a great time doing something else than TV/work/shut the brain off: check

but in the end, what is a “team”? being part of some organization, company, social club.

as I see it, if you want to be on a team, depending on the team of course, being a good thrower might not be the key here, at least not this alone. Maybe YYF team recruits the best players around, but other teams tend to recruit also depending on extra-competences, webmaster, designer, photo, video etc…

it’s less than you wanting to be on a team and asking (as I feel it) but more of these guys knowing you, knowing about what you can bring to the team, knowing you’re a good person, and wanting you on their team.

I mean, I might be wrong here, but when you look at it, the best players, those who are recruited for their skill, mostly are on professional teams (YYF, YYJ, Duncan) with fairly big companies behind, their team being a whole part of the company’s communication strategy.

But when looking at smaller teams from smaller brands or companies, I feel the guys on these teams have another relationship and might be more involved in these companies than your average YYF Sponsor.

So being on a team, as I see it depends on two major things

1. what kind of members the team is looking for, is it the best players, or decent players with additional skills, does the team works as a communication unit for the company or does it serves a deeper purpose?
  2. can you bring what they’re after ? if it’s team YYF, you want to be amongst the bests at throwing (probably not only) if it’s say Team yoyo france (that could also be spelled “YYF” LOL) you have to be able to write, take nice photos and get involved on an editorial level (there is no such thing as "team yoyo-france btw, not yet at least, and what an horrible team name anyway)

so if you think 'I wanna be a part of this team" ask yourself the questions, “what kind of members are they looking for?” and “can I provide what they’re looking for?”

But in the end, when you look at it, it’s rare when people end up on a team without knowing what they’re in for.

When you look at Kimmit; he said he joined team YYF to try and become world champ, which he did and admitted that being on this team helped, he also was rather clear that it was at a cost of some sort (some would say “soul” but I won’t go there now -and I would disagree-)

And to reply to kristlawan, I doubt a manufacturer would come out of the blue and ask a random guy to be on his team, I want to believe that it’s a much more elaborate process from both parts.

Just thought of a quote from a british TV series called “Black Books”, in one episode, there’s a flashback on how one guy got hired in a book store. here’s the line the book owner said (try to imagine it said in a motivating way)

“you can come work for me, the pay is low, but the work is hard”

completely off topic, you reminded me that my Pacquiao might arrive today (^^)/

You will love it man, thing floats like a butterfly… well you know the rest!

you know we know that, of course.
i just think no one should think ahead of them self.

I got it!

Whatever contest team that would accept me. So that would be no team. :-\