What team do you want to be on?

Team Jacob?

LOL!!! You are on a roll!!

…but to answer the question. I dig SPYY quite a bit. So SPYY

recrev or yoyojam

yoyojoker,yoyorecreation, CLYW, YYF, sOMEThING

How does being on a team ruining the fun?

1 Like

YYJ

YYF they go on tour a lot it’s so cool

Exactly!

I would love to be on OD team, they’re awesome!

Paul Dang looks like he’s having fun!

Because then you have expectations and duties. Go here, play here, win there, do this, do that, come up with something new. some people are allergic to that 4 letter word “work”. Even if the work in itself is fun and what you enjoy doing. Some feel there is to much pressure put on them and thus ceases to be fun anymore.

Not saying I would mind, just how some view it.

We’re all about havin’ some fun.

Except for Eric. We make Eric do all the work.

this could not be further from my experience of being “on a team”.

i guess it depends on how you’re wired. the only ‘expectation or duty’ i’ve experienced on SPYY has been ‘play how you want to play and try to make it look fun’… which is exactly what i want to do anyway. playing awesome yo-yo’s feels a lot more like a privilege than a duty. SPYY has designed 3 yo-yo’s based on what i’ve said i wanted to play… 2 of which were departures from what’s popular and sells, and 1 of which IS MADE OF WOOD! i’ve been able to go to contests all over the place, even when i wasn’t competing. i’ve grown close with my team, which includes ridiculously amazing players and people. man… i don’t know how i handle it either.

now i agree that you shouldn’t accept a sponsorship just to be sponsored, and that you should really only link yourself to companies that you really dig and identify with on every possible level… but when you FIND that, don’t sit on the side and think ‘well, then it’s a job’… because being a on a yo-yo pro team is just about what it sounds like: THE BEST JOB EVER. sure, i think every company would be stoked to have a champion on their roster, and i think every company would like to have players that do put themselves out there. some might even have some significant expectations (i.e. throwing their yo-yo’s or wearing their shirt) if they’re flying you all over the world because you “play with toys good”… but the idea that being on a team ‘ruins the fun’ is, to me, absurd.

oh, and i will select “SPYY”. :wink:

I don’t know why people don’t want to be sponsored you get free yoyos and all you have to do is compete with the yoyos you get for FREE.

Ed, you make it sound… Eh… Like a good thing.

You make it sound like I would think it would be.

Having fun playing with TOYS as a JOB. Is this the movie BIG?

I think this is why some are chosen and we can’t just demand sponsorship.

I myself think I would enjoy these things too.

Hooray to the sponsored.

I have a team. It’s kind of a local thing but you can still join! Just PM me on FB @ Vincent Goh (the one with 1000+ friends because my cousin and I have the same name, but fewer friends) and I might just add you.

It’s called Big Hot Dog Boys or BHDB for short.

Why big hotdog boys do you at least make yoyos?

I’d love to be on C3yoyodesign

If not maybe a team YoSplosion…

This seems like a thread that studio42 could be helpful on…

i want to be on the YYF contest team.

I would really like to be on the YYJ team.

I want to be one team YYJ or YYF because well I think there needs to be more girls on that playing feilds