What string thickness do you like to use?

What kind of string thickness do you like to use ???

Thin - normal - or thick ???

3 Likes

OT Fat

Thin for me. I haven’t seen many people playing thin but it just means it always in stock for me :joy:.

3 Likes

I’ve been trying to figure out what nylon/poly blend would be a thickness between @Markmont Night Moves and kitty normal. Night Moves is the hotness and is lasting 5ever, but I’d like something just a hair thicker and hopefully a little softer. Not trying to hijack your topic, lol.

1 Like

i play regular thickness

1 Like

I actually just hooked up with (legit yo-yo strings) (aka Landon) and his handmade strings are insanely good !!! He sent me a few strings of different thicknesses and I tried his trip wires Normal string and wow it played like a thick string it’s awesome !!! I definitely recommend looking more into his strings and contacting him he’s a great guy I will totally buy more from him soon :grin: so that’s my recommendation of string if you all are interested :+1:t2::wink:

I don’t blame you i play with them myself :joy::+1:t2:

1 Like

I’m a mix between normal and fat myself. Usually play with kitty fat/normal, so 20.20 or normal from badwolfeco. So pretty consistent I would say.

1 Like

It’s great that their are so many new options available. When I got into yoyo it was Highlights and GString. Go @Legit_yoyostrings!

3 Likes

I like YYSL Venom in my Basecamp Expedition, and Plutonium in pretty much everything else. Not sure if it’s the string gap or the larger pads in the Expedition but it’s too grabby with the thicker Plutonium and binds the way I like with Venom.

As far as the string in it’s own right, I’m just starting on whip tricks so I choose my strings based mostly on how they behave with a particular yoyo rather than how they play as a string.

Ivan

2 Likes

You should try Night Moves in ‘thick’. It ends up playing softer then it’s regular thickness version - real juicy.

4 Likes

:eyes: I didn’t know I had that option!

It’s on the Christmas list. We’ll see what Santa comes back with. Also put a Black Cannon on there but not too sure how Santa’s accountants would feel about that one…

4 Likes

Somewhere between normal and fat (alphaline) for unresponsive, and thick for responsive.

1 Like

Thicc

Anything between normal and fat thickness (Alphaline) and below. Any string that is of fat thickness or thicker is impossible for me to play with as I get snags faster than you can read this sentence.

much appreciated man :pray: :black_heart:

1 Like

I prefer thick, not anything crazy but your stranded bulk string thick. This is one of the reason TripWire’s normal tend to be on the thick end. But depending on if you playing with a poly or blend string will changes the responsiveness of the yoyo.

2 Likes

I agree with Landis trip wires normal is the way to go at least for me it is :grin: it’s found the perfect balance between normal and thick it’s holds tension very well and cuts through the air especially when your doing slack tricks :wink: and be sure to check out his quality strings and try some for yourself you won’t regret it :+1:t2:

1 Like